Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strib: Shaq to set the cornerback room
(05-31-2024, 04:42 PM)Montana T                                                                                                                                                                         He said that during 2022 training camp with the Jaguars he tore a back muscle, then played through the injury for five games, taking cortisone tablets that wore off by the fourth quarter. When he couldn't feel his leg, he decided to undergo surgery to address the issue around his L5 and S1 vertebrae. Wrote: He was cut by the Jaguars in March 2023. He signed with the Texans last year but said he wasn't the same player. 

This is what I would be concerned about. The back surgery was for a ruptured disk, not a torn muscle. More often than not people recover well from this surgery, and I hope he has, but this talk of him not being the same player is concerning. I would think the Vikings medical staff physical would be able to identify any muscle atrophy or weakness in the leg as a result of denervation. It would be huge if he rounds back into shape and plays up to previous potential in Flores' system.