Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pace ready to 'take a bigger step' this season
https://www.startribune.com/vikings-otas...600369568/

These young players sure like getting the jersey numbers they want, lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

Looking forward to seeing what progress he can make yr 2.

Not sure if he'll get the green dot or not again?

Cashman and Greenard are relative unknowns to me. I dont have a handle yet on the upside of this LB crew.

Cashman had a ridiculous season last year, at least in terms of PFF grade. And it sounds like he was hand picked by Flores. If we get any improvement at all from Pace, those two should give us a pretty solid duo for the next few seasons.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

I feel like he played at such a high level, I’m not sure there’s that much room for growth in terms of production. I think his growth will probably be more subtle and visible to his coaches more than us.

I was a big fan of Eric Kendricks for years, but when he went to the Chargers last year, his numbers did drop from the two years prior in purple. Don't know if that was D scheme or if he truly lost a step. Now he's back playing for Zimmer in Dallas and he sounds happy to be reunited..at age 32. He got paid over $13mm by the Chargers last year and signed Dallas for $3mm this coming season.
In the meantime, we're sitting with Pace at a ballpark $920k cap hit (for the next two seasons) and Cashman at a higher 3-year $22.5mm salary. We're good.