Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'll leave you with this....have a great weekend!
(05-11-2024, 08:53 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: I think the last part of that sentence is not a quote, but just the media conjecturing..I hope it is.  

IMO the best scenario for JJ is for Darnold to man the position well and for a while. 

He needs to bulk-up (i used to be that skinny at 21 lol) and he needs to observe how pro's go about their business on game day and on a weekday too.

@sticky, I think he closer to 200 than 220? you know him better than I do.

Yes it was conjecture by the writer and not something KOC said. 

From what I can tell he played at Michigan at 6-2 1/2, 202 lbs, which would be a bit of a red flag for an NFL QB. Teddy was 6-2, 212 and was considered light and vulnerable to injury. 

JJM showed up at the combine at 219, but was that real weight or lbs he specifically added knowing he wasn't going to run a 40? Either way, I'd love to see him around 225 if he can get there.

(05-11-2024, 08:28 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: I obviously take full credit for the outcome of the play. But you know, just reading it outside in, I felt like I could fit in there and force it, but at this level, they're a lot faster, a lot longer.
This is the main issue I saw on his college video. He puts a lot of balls into tight and contested windows. NFL defenders will turn these into incompletions and picks. The possible throws shrink in the pro pass game and he will have to step up big in this area if he's going to succeed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes comet52's post:

(05-11-2024, 12:27 PM)comet52 Wrote: This is the main issue I saw on his college video.  He puts a lot of balls into tight and contested windows.  NFL defenders will turn these into incompletions and picks.  The possible throws shrink in the pro pass game and he will have to step up big in this area if he's going to succeed.

He's going to have to be more accurate in the NFL, zero doubt. This is part of his development. Its why KOC has a gameplan for him and no matter how much Darnold may suck ass (hopefully not), he'll not rush JJM into starting duty. Just like the HC for NE said about Drake Maye yesterday: 'He's got a lot of things to work on.... a LOT'. Maye is working on taking snaps from center because he didn't do much of it. At least JJM is beyond that stage. 

And the hard truth is for most of the HCs that took QBs: they weren't their first choices. But they might have been close and workable. Chicago got their first choice, that's the only team that did.

There was a JJM throw from either Saturday or Sunday's practice that really showed his arm strength. I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere now......someone posted it on Twitter/X. Super tight spiral and it went from zero to 60 in a nano-second. I'll edit if I come across it. Its not anything Vikings.com did.

Also read Cine and Booth could be both cut outright? That 2022 Draft is just so messed up horrible.

(05-13-2024, 06:09 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: There was a JJM throw from either Saturday or Sunday's practice that really showed his arm strength. I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere now......someone posted it on Twitter/X. Super tight spiral and it went from zero to 60 in a nano-second. I'll edit if I come across it. Its not anything Vikings.com did.

Also read Cine and Booth could be both cut outright? That 2022 Draft is just so messed up horrible.

Releasing Cine outright makes no sense economically since his contract is guaranteed. The team would still owe him slightly over $2M. Signing another Safety even at the minimum would cost about $800K. Is the new guy going to provide $3M more value as opposed to keeping Cine? I doubt it. It would make more sense to keep Cine & have him inactive every week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knucklehead's post:

(05-13-2024, 07:01 AM)Knucklehead Wrote: Releasing Cine outright makes no sense economically since his contract is guaranteed. The team would still owe him slightly over $2M. Signing another Safety even at the minimum would cost about $800K. Is the new guy going to provide $3M more value as opposed to keeping Cine? I doubt it. It would make more sense to keep Cine & have him inactive every week.

That tidbit was a Charley Walters special, so I guess take with a grain.

(05-13-2024, 06:09 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: There was a JJM throw from either Saturday or Sunday's practice that really showed his arm strength. I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere now......someone posted it on Twitter/X. Super tight spiral and it went from zero to 60 in a nano-second. I'll edit if I come across it. Its not anything Vikings.com did.

That was from Charlie Waters, so it's nonsense and he knows nothing. Are Booth and Cine on the bubble? Of course. And it sounds like the Vikings can save some beer money by releasing Cine. 

But keep in mind one thing. The Vikings didn't add a safety. At all. Not in free agency, not in the draft, not after the draft in UDFAs. Not a single one. Seems odd for a team whose depth chart features a 35 year old safety ahead of a player they intend to release.

(05-13-2024, 07:35 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: That was from Charlie Waters, so it's nonsense and he knows nothing. Are Booth and Cine on the bubble? Of course. And it sounds like the Vikings can save some beer money by releasing Cine. 

But keep in mind one thing. The Vikings didn't add a safety. At all. Not in free agency, not in the draft, not after the draft in UDFAs. Not a single one. Seems odd for a team whose depth chart features a 35 year old safety ahead of a player they intend to release.

I've heard the team might have plans for Jay Ward this year.

(05-13-2024, 07:40 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: I've heard the team might have plans for Jay Ward this year.

He probably has a leg up considering he was a Flores pick.