Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turner or Darnold + 3rd, 4th, 5th
Props to Vikes for being aggressive and getting a guy who was not expected to be at 17 who they think could be a franchise changing player. At the time, I thought we were in an awesome spot to get one of the top 2 CBs in the draft and with signing two edge rushers in free agency, I felt like getting a #1 CB which we really do not have was more of a priority and would have also allowed us to keep the picks.  

I think it was a big win either way, wondering what others think.

(04-26-2024, 12:22 PM)JR44 Wrote: Props to Vikes for being aggressive and getting a guy who was not expected to be at 17 who they think could be a franchise changing player. At the time, I thought we were in an awesome spot to get one of the top 2 CBs in the draft and with signing two edge rushers in free agency, I felt like getting a #1 CB which we really do not have was more of a priority and would have also allowed us to keep the picks.  

I think it was a big win either way, wondering what others think.

Said this before but I have a feeling the Vikings would've taken Byron Murphy if he weren't taken at 16. Latu was the first defensive player taken and he went at 15, then Murphy at 16. I think the idea that there was now going to be a run on all those great defensive players prompted the Vikings to move up for Turner. 

Turner, Greenard, Van Ginkel and Andre Carter is a pretty good edge unit. Hunter's better than all of 'em, but I think the top 3 rotation this year is better than our top 3 rotation last year. Now go get the DT.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

If you have guys that can apply pressure then it makes your corners look a little better. Make the quarterback uneasy in the pocket and make the corners job easier.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Greylock's post:

We got one of the few blue chip players, at a pivotal position, for what I consider a modest cost. I think this guy is going to be an absolute menace to our opponents & I think it will happen quickly. I agree that Murphy was one of, if not their top defensive targets too. 2 cornerstone & expensive positions filled through the 1st round of this draft, is a dream draft IMO… SKOL!!!!!! 
[-] The following 4 users Like Kentis's post: