[Image: GHTBMA3XEAA1lSY?format=jpg&name=large]

[size=1][size=1]1[/size]
[/size]

[size=1][size=1]12[/size]
[/size]

[size=1][size=1]30[/size]
[/size]

[/url]
[url=https://twitter.com/fball_insights/status/1762245771741585876/analytics][size=1][size=1]8.3K[/size]
[/size]

Sorry, I just don't buy into this crap. PFF.com has to keep churning this kind of data out, its justifying its own existence. I mean, the Oregon passing offense....lol. Its so unique. It doesn't push the football down the field very often. Basically the antithesis of a NFL offense.

So interpolating this Data, clearly we should take JJ at 11, or Bo Nix at 23…! Cool

(04-10-2024, 02:48 PM)Kentis Wrote: So interpolating this Data, clearly we should take JJ at 11, or Bo Nix at 23…! Cool

lol, you know we laugh....but that might be the smartest thing to do.  Big Grin

The offense they run and the supporting cast has a LOT to do with those numbers. Will Levis, for example, was in a terrible offense. One of the reasons I liked him so much was that NFL-levels of pressure would be nothing new to him. 

But this chart is confusing. Isn't a low sack percentage a good thing? And isn't a lower time to throw a good thing too? In other words, doesn't this make Michael Penix look good? Or am I reading it wrong?

Not sure what this says about our OL (and Kirk)..........

(04-10-2024, 02:11 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Sorry, I just don't buy into this crap. PFF.com has to keep churning this kind of data out, its justifying its own existence. I mean, the Oregon passing offense....lol. Its so unique. It doesn't push the football down the field very often. Basically the antithesis of a NFL offense.

I did a little research yesterday regarding factors that point to successful QBs but do not necessarily get reflected in college performance.  I am hoping that Kwesi, being the analytical guy he is, is examining the prospects to a much deeper level than simply looking at stats, tape and an interview.  Here are some interesting articles:

https://www.s2cognition.com/post/cogniti...op-nfl-qbs

https://braintypes.com/the-qb-the-making...rterbacks/

(04-10-2024, 02:11 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Sorry, I just don't buy into this crap. PFF.com has to keep churning this kind of data out, its justifying its own existence. I mean, the Oregon passing offense....lol. Its so unique. It doesn't push the football down the field very often. Basically the antithesis of a NFL offense.

No. Oregon runs the closest thing to a pro style offense out of all the teams these top QB’s represent. Their route concepts are almost all pro based. Nix runs it like an NFL QB is expected to run an offense. He has full autonomy in it. The two closest NFL offenses from this past year I can think of would be the Bengals and the Chiefs. 

It should be clearly evident it is not a simple offense. If it was, it would be easy to stop. 

If you watch the actual film, you will see why Nix wasn’t sacked often and why they threw short a lot. Part of their run game is essentially screens, but 7 and 8 men in coverage was really common. Nix does get the ball out fast and he’s athletic, but the coverages also affected sacks. 

Nix’s average depth of target was 6.8 yards.
Joe Burrow’s was 6.3 yards.
Pat Mahomes’s was 6.9 yards. 

Teams trying to stop an accurate QB from killing them mid range and deep give up a lot of underneath stuff. Good teams take what they are given - the easy completion. 

Plots like this don’t tell you the best QB to take. It’s just one set of many variables. It may tell you who runs similar systems, who is or isn’t risk averse, how efficient a guy might be at getting the ball out or being effective extending plays etc.

The most interesting one to me besides Penix being so outside the norm, was just how close Drake Maye and Josh Allen are to one another as they are so often compared.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Havoc's post:

(04-10-2024, 03:23 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: But this chart is confusing. Isn't a low sack percentage a good thing? And isn't a lower time to throw a good thing too? In other words, doesn't this make Michael Penix look good? Or am I reading it wrong?
That's how I would read it. But I already think he's the best prospect in this draft.