Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I like what we're doing
Quote: @Montana Tom said:
@mgobluevikes said:
If Williams, McCarthy, and Daniels are gone before we pick, I say screw it, trade back in the 1st, get a 3rd rd. and a 4th rd. pick back, and go BPA , and take Pratt in the 4th as our QBOTF. 
I don't understand why you would say "screw it". It's a 6-deep QB class.  I keep saying Penix or Bo Nix will both be there at #11.  I like them both better than Campbell or Maye.  I promise whichever QB we don't take, Denver will be waiting at 12.  (They were also talking to Darnold BTW, and he accepted the Minnesota offer instead of the Broncos)
Because I don't see this as a 6 deep class. Look at the greatest QB draft class in history 1983. Of the 6 QB's (John Elway, Todd Blackledge, Jim Kelly, Tony Eason, Ken O'Brien, and Dan Marino), 3 of them wound up panning out. It's just not worth taking your 4th  or 5th choice, just to take a QB in the 1st rd. I won't buy the BS GM PR of "we got our guy" 

I wouldn't hitch my wagon to Maye, Nix, or Penix in the 1st rd., and I'm not trading up into the 3 spot to get one of the others. Campbell, McCarthy, or Daniels is going to have to fall out of the top 3 for me to trade up to 5-7. Pratt is my fall back position in the 4th and BPA in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rds.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@CFIAvike said:

@Purplewhizz said:
@pattersaur said:
@HappyViking said:
The man without a plan.  This image would've been better at the bottom of Kwesi's statement.[Image: vikings%2Bfacepalm.jpg]
The thing is, this whole plan works if he’s able to land the QB. Clear out all the dead cap, get a cheap QB, load the roster around him. It’s a good plan but it hinges so heavily on the QB. Which we don’t have and may never.

It’s like KAM wrote the best movie script ever but without getting a star actor attached, it ain’t getting made. Ideally you’d have the star in hand before moving forward with everything else but for whatever reason the Vikes didn’t do that.

So now the table is set. The penthouse is ready. And we’re all sitting around waiting to see if the star QB (who didn’t RSVP and who we haven’t seen in 20 years) is gonna show up. 

I said in another thread- it’s a LOT of risk to take on at the most important position in sports. It could work or it could sink us for years. That’s reality. Let’s all hope it works and we land that elusive franchise QB we’ve all coveted for so long. I have hope. But it’s scary. 
if it doesnt work its hardly the death nell. You’ll just be back in a couple years. nut you also have to draft wisely which has been a concern. San Fran traded 3 firsts to move up for Lance not long ago. But they made hay in the draft. Same scenario with Philadelphia 
They’re supposedly opening new “competing window” for 2025. If they whiff on a QB this year, it closes unless they go find another free agent QB who they think can help us win a chip (like we did with Cousins). A mishanling like that will probably cost someone their job. 

Who are the best NFL free agents in 2025?

Quarterbacks

• Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys (UFA)
  • Jared Goff, Detroit Lions (UFA)
  • Jordan Love, Green Bay Packers (UFA)
  • Trevor Lawrence, Jacksonville Jaguars (UFA)
  • Tua Tagovailoa, Miami Dolphins (UFA)
  • Justin Fields, Chicago Bears (club option)
  • Mac Jones, New England Patriots (club option)
  • Zach Wilson, New York Jets (club option)
  • Trey Lance, Dallas Cowboys (club option)
Of these guys I think Tua is the only one with game who might hit FA. The rest are either on the backup track or will get signed/tagged. Maybe Goff too I suppose if Detroit likes Hooker.
I think Goff, Love and Lawrence all get big, top-of-market extensions this offseason.