Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over a 62 year span...
The Vikings have never drafted a QB above the #11 spot...

I guess we'll see if they break the streak in 24??

Tommy Kramer (27)
 Culpepper (11)
 Ponder (12)
 Bridgewater (32)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Minnesota_Vikings_first-round_draft_picks

Its not a guarantee to hit on a QB picked at #11 or above.....but the odds go WAY up for success.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
The Vikings have never drafted a QB above the #11 spot...

I guess we'll see if they break the streak in 24??

Tommy Kramer (27)
 Culpepper (11)
 Ponder (12)
 Bridgewater (32)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Minnesota_Vikings_first-round_draft_picks
Francis Asbury Tarkenton  (29)

I'm trying to remember how many times we had a draft pick higher than 11. Right now I can only think of one, 1985

Quote: @FLVike said:
I'm trying to remember how many times we had a draft pick higher than 11. Right now I can only think of one, 1985
And that was a hell of a pick too...

The flip side to this is they have NEVER moved-up for a QB in the top 10. Who knows the circumstances, 60+ years is a long time though.

I think over the years then went down the well of veterans (i.e. Moon etc.) or later draft choices (i.e. Mond) often.  

Quote: @FLVike said:
Matt Kalil, Kevin Williams, Troy Williamson, Adrian...just off the top of my head. They even once had the #1 overall pick when they took Ron Yary. 

Tommy Mason was also the #1 in 1961. Others - Carl Eller, Jim Dunaway (signed with Buffalo), Clint Jones & Gene Washington (same 1967 draft- Page came at the #15 pick), Jack Snow, Jerry Shay, Jeff Siemon, Doug Martin, Darrin Nelson, Bryant McKinnie and Anthony Barr in addition to those mentioned.

Full disclosure - I had to confirm my memory on a few of these.

Thanks,
well, that was just from my memory,