Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detroit will Detroit tonight

Lol, I know how they feels....In 98 my neighbor asked near the end of the CG if Anderson had ever missed a FG that year. 

We tried hard to smother the question before it could be uttered. 

You know the rest of the story. 

https://thedenforum.com/t/fess-up-what-did-you-do-to-make-the-lions-lose/32052/8

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@comet52 said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@kmillard said:
Lions had 2 playoff wins this year. One less than the Vikings in the last 20 seasons.
 I've been waiting for the Vikings to get a Lombardi as long or longer than you. So I get the frustration of 77, 89, 98, 09 and 17. 

But man, the Lions haven't sniffed the playoffs since 1991.  Comparing the 2 franchises is ridiculous imo. 

You at least got to give yourselves a chance by making the dance - and the Vikings have done at least that. 
Of course its ridiculous. But the curmudgeon crowd is in their glory. The rookie QB will save us all!  :p

Well what's your plan for a better, competitive Viking future, other than taking daily blanket shots at the rest of us who are sick of mediocrity?
You mean different than bitching in this forum every day that the organization sucks? Like in every thread? Wouldn't want to interrupt your groove!

[Image: giphy.gif]
My opinions whether you like them or not are about the team and the organization, not cheap shots at other participants on this forum.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
Judd's been waiting TWO years to post this. LOL

I forget. Who did the Lions take with the first round pick they got from the Vikings?
lmao, yeah he's been tearing up the league. 12th pick of the Draft. 

https://twitter.com/DustBaker/status/175...0681424067
Who won the trade? Every non Vikings fan (and probably half of us) will say the Lions. At least Williams plays and the needle is pointing up on him. Lewis "anybody Cine him" played in how many games this season? Somebody remind me please. All Pro Kyle Hamilton would have also been a nice pick. 

Also happy we could help the Lions out saving cap space on a hefty TE extension and using our pick we gave them to take LaPorta. Bravo, Golden Child...bravo. A masterful bit of GM maneuvering if I ever saw it lol

Detroit did not draft Laporta with the pick they received from the TJH trade. They drafted him with their own pick which was #34 overall. The pick received in the TJH trade was #50 overall.
Now let's look at the other TEs drafted in that round. Immediately after LaPorta was drafted, LV drafted Michael Mayer of ND at #35. GB drafted Musgrave of Oregon State at #42.
If the Vikings wanted LaPorta, they would've had to trade up significantly.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@comet52 said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@kmillard said:
Lions had 2 playoff wins this year. One less than the Vikings in the last 20 seasons.
 I've been waiting for the Vikings to get a Lombardi as long or longer than you. So I get the frustration of 77, 89, 98, 09 and 17. 

But man, the Lions haven't sniffed the playoffs since 1991.  Comparing the 2 franchises is ridiculous imo. 

You at least got to give yourselves a chance by making the dance - and the Vikings have done at least that. 
Of course its ridiculous. But the curmudgeon crowd is in their glory. The rookie QB will save us all!  :p

Well what's your plan for a better, competitive Viking future, other than taking daily blanket shots at the rest of us who are sick of mediocrity?
I thought it was a mistake not rebuildibg the roster when we brought in a new GM amd coach. Look at what the other teams in the division have done to get to where they are at;

Lions traded Stafford for maximum value and have rebuilt their roster with the assets received and cap money saved. They've also made several other smaller trades and drafted extremely well. 

Packers traded away Davonte Adams and Aaron Rodgers for maximum value and completely rebuilt the roster with assets obtained and cap money saved. Youngest team in the league 

Bears traded away their best players in Roquan Smith and Khalil Mack. They fleeced the Panthers in maybe the greatest draft day trade in history and have completely rebuilt their roster. 

The Vikings meanwhile continue this "competitive" rebuild bullshit, retain players past their expectancy who probably should be moved and lose them for nothing all the time. We have not made smart draft day trades and drafted poorly for the most part. These other teams in the division hit the reset button and have rebuilt wisely. The Vikings haven't and its gotten us to where we are at currently, and that's looking up with a lot of ground to make up. 
Watch it you old curmudgeon.  If you are a true fan you have to be positive all the time or at minimum us the shite sandwich approach i.e.:

JJ is on track to be better than Moss (top bread of sandwich)
Our GM is in over his head and learning curve is short (yikes old curmudgeon)
We found a few nice UDFA's last year (bottom of sandwich)