• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tank is back on
Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
@FLVike said:
2024 QB's in camp should be;Dobbs, Hall, and one of the following;Maye, McCarthy, Penix, Daniels, or Nix.

I think in our offense Dobbs will show enough to get a decent contract by someone that if we are going to go QB in the first I don't think we will match.  I think it is more likely that Cousins will be back than Dobbs, as I think they would be more likely to spend money on Cousins. 
if the mentality is to let Dobbs walk,  then they need to get Hall back in there and see what they have there.  IMO the only reason to stick with Dobbs is to see if he shows enough growth to be the bridge QB to whoever we draft next spring.  I dont see any reason to hang onto Cousins as he will want his kings ransom as well as his usual handcuffing terms and will make it that much tougher to improve the roster around the QB position.  His time has past unless he really wants to play on the cheap and let KAM see if he can add enough pieces to our IOL to overcome Kirks short comings.... Or how good would Chris Jones look on our DL, or one of the other top tier DTs?
If Dobbs goes on to sign a $20m/yr contract somewhere, does that get us a comp pick?
I dont believe so,  IIRC they have to be on our roster for 2 years to qualify for a comp pick,  but I could be thinking about the minority coaching hire compensatory thing.

It is only for minority hires.
and compensatory picks only apply if you lose more than you gain in terms of qualifying free agents.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Knucklehead said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
@FLVike said:
2024 QB's in camp should be;Dobbs, Hall, and one of the following;Maye, McCarthy, Penix, Daniels, or Nix.

I think in our offense Dobbs will show enough to get a decent contract by someone that if we are going to go QB in the first I don't think we will match.  I think it is more likely that Cousins will be back than Dobbs, as I think they would be more likely to spend money on Cousins. 
if the mentality is to let Dobbs walk,  then they need to get Hall back in there and see what they have there.  IMO the only reason to stick with Dobbs is to see if he shows enough growth to be the bridge QB to whoever we draft next spring.  I dont see any reason to hang onto Cousins as he will want his kings ransom as well as his usual handcuffing terms and will make it that much tougher to improve the roster around the QB position.  His time has past unless he really wants to play on the cheap and let KAM see if he can add enough pieces to our IOL to overcome Kirks short comings.... Or how good would Chris Jones look on our DL, or one of the other top tier DTs?
If Dobbs goes on to sign a $20m/yr contract somewhere, does that get us a comp pick?
I dont believe so,  IIRC they have to be on our roster for 2 years to qualify for a comp pick,  but I could be thinking about the minority coaching hire compensatory thing.

and compensatory picks only apply if you lose more than you gain in terms of qualifying free agents.
Thats what im getting at. A starting QB getting paid a bunch has to be a quality FA right?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Knucklehead said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
@FLVike said:

Thats what im getting at. A starting QB getting paid a bunch has to be a quality FA right?
Well, imagine then what Kirk would net us?  I dont thinks its really cut and dry,  there seems to he something arbitrary  to the system.