Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Josh Dobbs Effect
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@kmillard said:
From what I gather this week, Dobbs is the next great QB to walk the earth. (not just from here)
Maybe. Probably not. We'll see. Let's hope for a fun game.

There's 2 types of players, fast learners and slow learners. Sunday we'll have a better idea which category Dobbs falls into.

Fans will know a lot more after the Saints game.

I wanna see if Dobbs  begins to reduce  the turnovers and self inflicted errors.

It's hard to tell what will happen because Dobbs hasn't been in this kind of  situation.

My gut tells me KOC is gonna help Dobbs find noticeable improvement Sunday.

And FWIW, when JJ returns,  Dobbs is gonna be able to run for a  lotta yards. 

Quote: @Mattyman said:
@StickyBun said:
@kmillard said:
From what I gather this week, Dobbs is the next great QB to walk the earth. (not just from here)
Maybe. Probably not. We'll see. Let's hope for a fun game.

There's 2 types of players, fast learners and slow learners. Sunday we'll have a better idea which category Dobbs falls into.

Fans will know a lot more after the Saints game.

I wanna see if Dobbs  begins to reduce  the turnovers and self inflicted errors.

It's hard to tell what will happen because Dobbs hasn't been in this kind of  situation.

My gut tells me KOC is gonna help Dobbs find noticeable improvement Sunday.

And FWIW, when JJ returns,  Dobbs is gonna be able to run for a  lotta yards. 

His legs will keep drives alive and in a league where the margins are razor thin, one more drive vs giving the ball back to the opponent's offense can be all the difference.

He's been a turnover machine, that is why he could be acquired for peanuts.  If a guy with 7 NFL years under his belt and that low of a value suddenly morphs into a high level starter, then KOC will have be considered the next great football miracle worker head coach.

Quote: @comet52 said:
He's been a turnover machine
This is my concern. And if the wheels come off, this is how it will happen I think. But what will be, will be. I'm rooting for the guy, fully expecting at some point that he'll implode. Hoping that doesn't happen. 

Maybe a very important question;Who is backing up Dobbs?