Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hit on Hall (Helmet to Helmet)
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
Hall, crouches into it and stopped.  The defender was going for a tackle, low and away from the head.
Maybe true,  but we've seen that called many times regardless,  I agree its tough,   but they can't pick and choose when they call it.
Well, I will chose to not gaslight my self even if I am typically a homer.  There is no way you can blame the defender for trying to tackle the runner at the goal line when he went around hip level, had his head out front and the runner changes direction, lowers his head and gets hit.

Quote: @"mblack" said:
https://x.com/bsgsportsmedia/status/1721243725530108192
Now I could see complaining about this one.  Yes KJO lowers his level, but the defenseless receiver has been a thing for years, so you don't come in head first on that.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
Hall, crouches into it and stopped.  The defender was going for a tackle, low and away from the head.
Maybe true,  but we've seen that called many times regardless,  I agree its tough,   but they can't pick and choose when they call it.
Well, I will chose to not gaslight my self even if I am typically a homer.  There is no way you can blame the defender for trying to tackle the runner at the goal line when he went around hip level, had his head out front and the runner changes direction, lowers his head and gets hit.
I think they need to get rid of the call,  if the runner lowers either his helmet or his body,  no call....ever.  but until they do,  that is a call that gets made often and should have been a flag.

I get why it was a no call.  I watched it several times in a row and it just looked like a hard shoulder to shoulder hit.  I can see why it was missed.  Obviously we all have replay and slow motion and everything now for us to second guess things, but in the realm of things that are obvious in real time this is not one of them.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
I get why it was a no call.  I watched it several times in a row and it just looked like a hard shoulder to shoulder hit.  I can see why it was missed.  Obviously we all have replay and slow motion and everything now for us to second guess things, but in the realm of things that are obvious in real time this is not one of them.
I watched the video and believed it was helmet to helmet.

after reading your post I went back and watched the video “from by frame” and now believe that you may be right.  It appears there was more contact with the shoulders vs a helmet to helmet hit.  Halls head hitting the ground appears to be the worst hit (and maybe what caused the concussion).

Quote: @"ThunderGod" said:
@"medaille" said:

after reading your post I went back and watched the video “from by frame” and now believe that you may be right.  It appears there was more contact with the shoulders vs a helmet to helmet hit.  Halls head hitting the ground appears to be the worst hit (and maybe what caused the concussion).
That’s funny because I started to get convinced that he was
hit in the head moreso, even though that’s not what I originally saw and the media consensus
was the head hitting the turf was the bad blow. 
Mostly I think it’s one of those times where it’s kind of like an
optical illusion where people can see it either way and I don’t really fault
people for seeing it differently.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:
@"medaille" said:

That’s funny because I started to get convinced that he was
hit in the head moreso, even though that’s not what I originally saw and the media consensus
was the head hitting the turf was the bad blow. 
Mostly I think it’s one of those times where it’s kind of like an
optical illusion where people can see it either way and I don’t really fault
people for seeing it differently.

I won't argue to hard either way,  but I think he was going out from the initial hit,   one of the slow angles kind of showed him starting to go limp after the initial hit.