Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Matt Ryan a Viking?
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"comet52" said:
Brady is retired for good imho.
I think the odds of Brady coming out of retirement are under 5%. The only reason I don't say under 1% is that the idea of playing with Jefferson, Addison, Hockenson and a young, improving offensive line has to at least gnaw at him a little. 
Agreed, it's a long shot but if the brass is serious about trying to save the season, he should be the first call. Then probably Chicago about Fields. Then maybe Kyler but man. I just hate that contract so much and with his apparent disdain for doing homework I doubt he'd get up to speed fast enough to make a difference. He'd probably drive KO crazy in the process too. But those are the options we have, as I see it... which is why we'll probably just roll with who we have in-house and see how the chips fall.
I don't think Fields is an option. He's not very good and I think the last thing we'd want to do is help the Bears salvage their mistake. I think it has to be a veteran with some experience adjusting to new offenses.

But most likely it's just going to be Hall and Mullens. Personally, considering he's been learning the offense since he was drafted 6 months ago, I think Hall gives us the best chance to win, outside of a guy like Brady. 
This is where I am at as well. Hall probably gives us the best chance to win. He also isn't a normal rookie. 25 years old, sounds like the veterans were impressed with his command in the huddle on Sunday. His mobility could be a plus to extend drives. Also, how many rookie QBs get to play behind a line that is good, and has the receiving core they do? Cam Akers needs more carries and it Could be a nice ride.