Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want Akers to get more touches...
That is all...

Agreed. And he probably will the more acclimated he gets to the playbook. Mattison had a couple nice runs, but I like the mix of the two w/increases to Akers getting the football. 

Also, happy to be a Viking and has some leadership:

https://twitter.com/skolcalvikes/status/...9334445429

The change of pace is nice.  Good personnel mix between Mattison and Akers.  However, Mattison did better than Akers last night. Mattison avg'd 4.9 yards/carry whereas Akers avg'd 3.1.  However, Akers avg'd 15 yards per reception (two catches/3 targets). Mattison avg'd 1.5 yards/catch.  Big difference there, but a small sample size.

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
The change of pace is nice.  Good personnel mix between Mattison and Akers.  However, Mattison did better than Akers last night. Mattison avg'd 4.9 yards/carry whereas Akers avg'd 3.1.  However, Akers avg'd 15 yards per reception (two catches/3 targets). Mattison avg'd 1.5 yards/catch.  Big difference there, but a small sample size.
we were doing something early on with in the game that took the Niners a bit to adjust to,  AM started to look much more challenged as the game wore on and thats when Akers got more run, I think it likely had more to do with the niners fixing something,  but the run game looked really good early on.  I also wonder if AM got dinged more than they let on,  he took a couple shots to the head on one play,  acted like he wanted to lay on the ground, somebody picked him up and he got lined up for a clock play,  but then immediately went to the sideline,  he was back in the game later,  but didnt seem to be working like he was seeing it clearly.

I agree, Especially in the passing game. Seeing a ball head AM's way, you feel the same way as when Bailey is kicking an extra point.

I liked seeing the team finally integrate Ty Chandler as well. Kid has good burst.