Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: So pending the result Sunday in Green Bay....
Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@medaille said:

I think there exists the possibility that you are looking at
bringing in Young or Sweat to replace Hunter for next year and going
forward.  I could see Kwesi looking at
Hunter and thinking that he’s going to be too old and too expensive and wanting
to let him go, so you go out and his replacement now under the assumption that
he’ll be cheaper and/or younger than Hunter. 
I also don’t really know the rules, but maybe if you lose Hunter and bring
in a cheaper but still expensive edge, they might offset for comp picks, but if
you bring him in this year, that’s still on the table?  The bonus for this year would be that our
defense should be markedly better if we have 2 capable edges, and I’m not sure
how much we can trust Davenport to stay healthy.

I think there’s some amount of risk in that Flores might be
out after the year and we might bring in a guy that may or may not be a fit for
the next DC’s scheme.
Losing Flores is definitely a worry. If the defense continues to improve, he'll get some HC attention. If that happens, it might be better to promote an understudy than go out and find a new DC with a new scheme. 
Do you really think so?  With the coaches resigning and his history, I think he will be safe as DC for a while.
I doubt anyone wants Flores near a Young QB.

Quote: @purpleloki said:
The most Viking thing ever:
Beat SF on MNF then lose to the Packers...
By a time expiring FG attempt from the .5 yardline. 

Trade Ezra for one of the two. You open up a spot for Risner immediately and trade one expiring contract for another at a position of need.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Trade Ezra for one of the two. You open up a spot for Risner immediately and trade one expiring contract for another at a position of need.
would be nice to have an extension for Risner in place ( at least agreed upon ) prior to pulling that trigger so you dont hand him leverage.  based on recent videos though he seems to really love it there.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

But I still think it's unlikely. I think the Vikings go down the stretch with the team they have. Vikings don't want to put too much money into 2024 with so many pending contracts. 
Not only pending contracts, but extraordinary pending contracts:

Cousins??
JJ
Darrisaw
 Hunter

Now I realize not all of these are 2024, and maybe all wont be back. But 2 of the 4 will be and the $ for these 4 is gargantuan - even when spread out some. 

As far as the Vikings winning @ Lamblow? I posted elsewhere the last 2 Viking games there were blow-out Packer wins (+25 pts each for GB). 

Divisional road games are extremely tough to pull out, but it would also be on brand for this team to piss down their legs sunday:

on the road
Divisional game
 right after a big, emotional home win

lets look at what we are facing for an offseason.

Cousins--- 40million would tie him for 10th on the QB list.
JJ--30 million would only tie him for 1st  at WR
Darrisaw--25 is the top OL contract right now,  I am guessing 28 or so here
Hunter--34 is the top right now,  Hunter is playing like a top guy currently,  I doubt we get him for anything less than 32

thats 130 million right now,  of course they will play cap roulette and push more of this money into years that the players wont be on the team any longer,  but the team has 24 free agents at the end of this year,  of which about 1/3 to 1/2 are either starters or regular contributors.

I still think selling would be the better road,  while beating SFran at home was a lot of fun,  I doubt that happens on the road in January.
Don't forget the $43 Million in dead cap for 2024 between Hunter and Cousins that also needs to be factored into all this. I just don't see how they afford Cousins, and as long as we keep winning, we just dig ourselves a deeper grave for next year and the QB position. 

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Ezra is injured (though you can trade an injured player now days). But what else are you giving?  I can’t imagine straight up would compensate the redskins enough. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@PurpleCrush said:
Ezra is injured (though you can trade an injured player now days). But what else are you giving?  I can’t imagine straight up would compensate the redskins enough. 
I think Ezra's ready to come back soon, he's listed as questionable this week so it looks like it's nothing serious. As far as additional compensation....not sure I'd have to add anything, they'd be getting a good player at a position of need themselves. But if need be then we have enough middle round picks to add to the pot.

I think this team can't be trading future draft capital at this point. Getting players that will have to be extended to their 2nd contract is not the way to build going forward.

What's the rumor if they lose to Green Bay?  And to Atlanta the following week?  Cuz I can see it happening.  

Quote: @comet52 said:
What's the rumor if they lose to Green Bay?  And to Atlanta the following week?  Cuz I can see it happening.  
Well, the trade deadline is really what makes anything worth discussing, and that's on the 31st. So an Atlanta loss wouldn't playing into any buying or selling scenario. Would the team look to move some guys if they lose tomorrow? Maybe.