Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So are the Vikings going to tell us what's wrong with Sam?
I really think this is a pretty large non-story. Be lucky it wasnt Burnsie giving the presser after the game. it would only be airable on the Darkweb.

His presser today was a lot better, he explained his bad temper after the game and apologized for his behavior.   I give him credit for that.

And as for why he apologized, I've watched most every presser he has done since he became HC, and I'd say that when he calms down he is a pretty decent person who believes in treating others the way he'd like to be treated, but the heat of the postgame and at times other instances seems to cause him to lose perspective or balance.   

Yeah, he was PO'd about losing the game and his starting QB... again.  This is crazy how a good thing like having a legit starting QB is so hard to find for this team.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
as far as Zimmer being testy... how many times does he have to say that specifics about injury are going to be kept in house on active players?  That has been his approach since day 1 and the reporters should know by now that he wont get into specifics with the press when it comes to players injuries or other issues.

I've come to accept that we dont need to know every little detail about a players health,  why cant the reporters get it figured out... and if it is their job to ask, then they should understand when they ask the same question repeatedly that they are going to shred some nerves.  If I was him and had to deal with some of those aholes I would be like "you are dumb...go home!" 
Its because its part of his job as head coach. Why do you think they require coach's to have a post-game presser and take questions from the media? He's a curmudgeon. Its the media's job to ask questions and its his job to answer them. Just do away with the PCs then. 

Belichick does the same thing. I like Zimmer's and Bill's style. They don't need to disclose anything on specifics.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
His presser today was a lot better, he explained his bad temper after the game and apologized for his behavior.   I give him credit for that.

And as for why he apologized, I've watched most every presser he has done since he became HC, and I'd say that when he calms down he is a pretty decent person who believes in treating others the way he'd like to be treated, but the heat of the postgame and at times other instances seems to cause him to lose perspective or balance.   
At 61 years old that should have been under control years ago.

Its about being a professional. He is what he is at this point though. He's not going to reinvent himself at this age.

As a fan, I want him to win on the field first and foremost. Once he can start doing that? I could care less about how he handles his pressers. Billechek gets the pass with 5 rings.

Zimmer's teams have sniffed a winning season just once.