Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How The Heck Do You Loose A Game When You’re Favored

I believe a week prior the Saints were favored Smile  Going into that 49ers matchup, who would have thought that Montana would get benched? What an awesome playoff run!

What’s amazing is the Twins had won the World Series and if the Vikings had beat Washington the following playoff game, they would have been in the Super Bowl.

Quote: @DeepFreeze05 said:
I believe a week prior the Saints were favored Smile  Going into that 49ers matchup, who would have thought that Montana would get benched? What an awesome playoff run!
If I remember right, the Saints were 8 pt favorites and the 49ers 12 pt favorites, and the Vikings dominated in both games. Didn't end well, but that was a fun playoff season. 

You look at the rosters for those Burnsie teams and its amazing they didn't win at least one. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
You look at the rosters for those Burnsie teams and its amazing they didn't win at least one. 
Main problem was Kramer was so beat up by the time this roster actually got to a Super Bowl caliber 1987-1989 and Wade Wilson was a serviceable backup/part time starter.   You couple that with DJ Dozier NEVER became the player we thought he would and of course, drafting Darrin Nelson instead of Marcus Allen was the coup de grace.   No elite QB, no bell cow elite RB spelled trouble.  It wasn't the defense that kept the Vikings out of the big game, it was the offense.