Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So How Did The Highly Ranked UDFAs Do?

Good read. Andre Carter didn't get to play much in the preseason so I think the Vikings putting him on the 53 ahead of Vilain was a security move. Carter was more likely to be poached than Vilain. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Good read. Andre Carter didn't get to play much in the preseason so I think the Vikings putting him on the 53 ahead of Vilain was a security move. Carter was more likely to be poached than Vilain. 
Agreed. Carter has to put on 20 lbs., which he will, before they really can see what they have. It will be a big year for him to learn, get bigger and then hopefully have a more substantial role in 2024. 

Carter got the big $$$, so he had to make the team to keep the Vikes from looking stupid.  

It’s my understanding he was excelling in OTA’s prior to getting dinged up, agree that he would have been poached & needs to spend time in an NFL program.

Again, kuddos to the Wilf's for doling out money for UDFA's.  Very few hit and most do not.  If Pace starts or has significant playing time, which looks to be the case, then that is a coup.

Andre Carter looks like a project but that is a cheap investment if he ever even makes the roster and plays some.  

Quote: @Kentis said:
It’s my understanding he was excelling in OTA’s prior to getting dinged up, agree that he would have been poached & needs to spend time in an NFL program.
Too much upside to try and stash him, no way it was going to happen.