Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addison pleads guilty
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"RS Express" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Sounds a little soft,  but if he gets the message is all that really matters.
True, the fine is petty cash, but 6 months without a driver's license for a 21-year-old is going to seem like 6 years.  
A pro athlete with millions in the bank and a team car service.  I doubt it hits him to hard.
The lack of freedom and independence will hit a nerve though. 

Quote: @"badgervike" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"RS Express" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
True, the fine is petty cash, but 6 months without a driver's license for a 21-year-old is going to seem like 6 years.  
A pro athlete with millions in the bank and a team car service.  I doubt it hits him to hard.
It's got to nag at him at bit...to see that shiny new Lamborghini sitting in the garage...with no place to go.  Probably even has that new car smell.
Lets hope the 21 yr old can exhibit some restraint.

Hopefully someone in Eagan grabbed the keys to that Lambo till next Easter. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"RS Express" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
It's got to nag at him at bit...to see that shiny new Lamborghini sitting in the garage...with no place to go.  Probably even has that new car smell.

Yeah, any parent of a young man knows that losing the license for 6 months is definitely a loss.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"RS Express" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Yeah, any parent of a young man knows that losing the license for 6 months is definitely a loss.
I've got 2 twenty somethings,  neither have that kind of bank or resources at their disposal so I have no idea how it would affect them.  I have heard from a lot of parents though that their kids haven't been exhibiting the same yearning for a license that we did 30 years ago,  they are much more cool with public transportation or or uber and shot like that since they don't have to deal with car maintenance and what not.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"RS Express" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

I've got 2 twenty somethings,  neither have that kind of bank or resources at their disposal so I have no idea how it would affect them.  I have heard from a lot of parents though that their kids haven't been exhibiting the same yearning for a license that we did 30 years ago,  they are much more cool with public transportation or or uber and shot like that since they don't have to deal with car maintenance and what not.
those kids probably don't have a lambo in the garage either.  

My boys all bought their own cars pretty quickly when hitting adulthood.

A lot of twenty somethings I know through family and friends don't own cars. Of course a lot of them live in big cities.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"RS Express" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

those kids probably don't have a lambo in the garage either.  

My boys all bought their own cars pretty quickly when hitting adulthood.
he bought the soccer mom grocery getter,  i dont care who made it,  lets not pretend the boy is sitting there staring at his Countash counting down the days until he gets to play fast and furious once again on the streets of the Twin Cities.

IIRC your family is in a rural area,  as is mine,   I think out here cars mean a bit more than for people that have other things like public trans and dial a ride options.... I could be wrong,  just going  by what I have read and heard from those living in more urban areas.  I kind of wonder how much of his purchase was want based vs a perceived expectation ( peer pressure )  "got that NFL money now gotta go buy a fast car" and other stereotypical things we hear from kids once they get drafted. you know mama needs a new house right? ( Thats always my favorite,  shows the kids giving back to family,  which is nice)