Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thielen washed?
Pretty early for that kind of speculation, but a blurb from last night's game:

Stock down: the Panthers' starting WRsRookie Jonathan Mingo isn't at fault here; he even showed some slipperiness on a first-down catch early. But veterans Adam Thielen and D.J. Chark? They combined for two catches and 20 yards while failing to get much separation when Bryce Young was on the field. It's not altogether surprising, but rather a painful reminder Young is possibly a year away from a legit supporting cast.

Hats off to the "selling job" the Panthers FO and staff did to lure Theilen down there.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Pretty early for that kind of speculation, but a blurb from last night's game:

Stock down: the Panthers' starting WRsRookie Jonathan Mingo isn't at fault here; he even showed some slipperiness on a first-down catch early. But veterans Adam Thielen and D.J. Chark? They combined for two catches and 20 yards while failing to get much separation when Bryce Young was on the field. It's not altogether surprising, but rather a painful reminder Young is possibly a year away from a legit supporting cast.
Can't find snap count or thrown too stats for Theilan.  I think he played the first quarter, but I am not even sure how many drives the Panthers had in the first quarter where Mingo was in over a half.  The article is not comparing apples to apples IMO.  

Meh. How many catches has Jefferson had this preseason?

Washed? Probably, but that's not something you'll see in the stats in one quarter...of a preseason game....with a rookie QB. 

I mean yes he is older and slower but it's way too early to say that he is washed.

Young and Thielen played two series in a pre season game, it's pretty hilarious for someone to make any kind of note of this in an article.  

He wasn't getting a lot of separation last year was he?   I mean, he's 33, it's not young by NFL standards.   He can still play but it's not going to be a 17 game highlight reel.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...elog/2022/

Thielen didn't go over 70 yards in a game last year.

He couldn't exploit the attention JJ received. 

My guess is Addison will.