Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings sign RB Aaron Dykes, Joseph wins kicking competition
Aaron Dykes is the newest member of the Minnesota Vikings as the team announced Thursday that the former Richmond University running back has agreed to terms. 
To make room for Dykes on the roster the Vikings waived kicker Jack Podlesny, which signals the end of the kicking competition he was in with Greg Joseph. Joseph made a 54-yard field goal in Minnesota's preseason opener at Seattle, and it now appears that he's secured the kicking job for the 2023 season. 

I'm surprised Podlesny lasted this long. His college numbers were not very good at all.

It's just easier to close the eyes when Joseph lines up to kick.  He doesn't instill much confidence when he trots onto the field.

I thought Podlesny had a chance.  Competition is a good thing (for us, for Joseph) to stay focused.  I think if they figured that Joseph had it, the best possible thing to do for the player (Podlesny) was to let him sign on with someone else who has a need...and there are plenty.

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
It's just easier to close the eyes when Joseph lines up to kick.  He doesn't instill much confidence when he trots onto the field.
“trots on the field” reminded me of an old movie.  I think the original was black and white and the team was Norte Dame.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.timesunion.com%2Fmovies%2Farticle%2FMOVIE-QUIZ-The-Big-Game-on-the-Big-Screen-15913974.php&psig=AOvVaw0aBXABMeuZZpWaDnZAsaP9&ust=1692406502791000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA8QjRxqFwoTCNiKvvH_5IADFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
FGs he's very good....extra points? Yikes. I like Joseph, however. Won some games last year for the team.

But can I ever, in all honesty, watch any Viking's game and trust a kicker? Nope. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Greylock" said:
FGs he's very good....extra points? Yikes. I like Joseph, however. Won some games last year for the team.

But can I ever, in all honesty, watch any Viking's game and trust a kicker? Nope. 
It's called PTSD, Sticky, and you can thank Gary Anderson and Blair Walsh for that. :p

I think they stuck with Joseph to help the fans out. It is way easier to jump on here and say, Joseph sucks. Podlesny would get misspelled over and over.

Quote: @"wiviking" said:
I think they stuck with Joseph to help the fans out. It is way easier to jump on here and say, Joseph sucks. Podlesny would get misspelled over and over.
Oh and just think about Paul Allen trying to call out his name lining up to kick.