Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who are our great players now?
Certainly Jefferson, 

Are there any other "great ones" left on the roster?  

The Big Knockers as Burnsie called them...

Darrisaw (a yes for me)
Cousins?
TJH? 

Hock and Kirko are good, not sure I'd put em at "Great"

Scary for me there is not one player on D I'd put on that list going into 23. Harry? Maybe, but well past his prime.

There hasn't been many years you could say that about a Vikings D. 

Maybe this is the state of the roster composition now in the NFL? 

JJ currently.
Harry over his career for sure. Hunter hopefully this season will cement himself.
I'd put Dalvin up there too but he's gone now it seems like.
We really need to find or acquire a few studs for the defense.

I think that's the composition of most NFL rosters now where you only have a couple "great players" a lot of "good players" and quite a few average to below average "role players." The Chiefs have Mahomes, Kelsey, and just a bunch of guys who are put in positions to maximize their abilities by an excellent coaching staff. Where you want one of those "great" players though is at the QB position and that's something the Vikings have really never had

How many "great" players are there in the league?

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
I think that's the composition of most NFL rosters now where you only have a couple "great players" a lot of "good players" and quite a few average to below average "role players." The Chiefs have Mahomes, Kelsey, and just a bunch of guys who are put in positions to maximize their abilities by an excellent coaching staff. Where you want one of those "great" players though is at the QB position and that's something the Vikings have really never had
I agree...

Compare that to this era: 1988 Vikings

Anthony Carter
Steve Jordan
Gary Zimmerman
Randall McDaniel

Henry Thomas 
Keith Millard
Chris Doleman
Scott Studwell
Joey Browner
Carl Lee

Damn near added Ike Holt to this list too. 

JJ
Hitman
Darrisaw
O'Neill

Maybe add Hunter to this list 

Guess it depends on how you define "great." I think we have several big knockers..JJ, Cousins, Darrisaw, O'Neill, TJH, Hunter, Harry. 

When I think of "great," I think of dominant players who sit alone among others at the position. We only have one of those and (PA's voice) ...."HEEEE'S JJ!!" 

JJ
Harry
Darrisaw
O'Neil
Cousins (get over it)
Hunter

Ask again in late February.