Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFC QB Tiers
Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I think this is accurate. What say you? 

https://twitter.com/sosarick/status/1654...86275?s=20
I would say it's fairly accurate, although it just goes to show the discrepancy between conferences where you have essentially a minimum of two elite QB's per division in the AFC;

East- Rodgers, Allen
North- Jackson, Watson
South- Lawrence, (Stroud, Richardson, Levis?)
West- Mahomes, Herbert 
And how many of those elite AFC QB's have won SB's? BTW, you forgot Burrows
Only 2.  But how many in the NFC?  only 1.

Brady kind of screwed up that metric for the last decade.

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

I could just as easily switch Goff and Carr with Prescott and Stafford.
I'm the opposite actually. I'd much rather have the guys in tier 2 than 3. But it's a good list. Kirk belongs near it's top, which he is.

I disagree. I consider the source. I also consider the team surrounding the QB. I'm not a huge Cousins supporter, but the team around Cousins is deficient. Hurts isn't better than Cousins. He just has a much better roster around him. Stafford may be in the same tier, but Prescott isn't.
Cousins is in the top tier of NFC QB's. Unfortunately the top tier of NFL QB's are in the AFC.

I think people think of QB rankings in two different ways and that's why you have so much disagreement. Is it who's better? Or who would you rather have? 

For example, no doubt Cousins is better than Trevor Lawrence. But there isn't anyone who would rather not have a 23-year-old Lawrence with his contract over 34-year-old Cousins and his. 

The only guy I'd take over Kirk on that list is Hurts, and that's a big reason why I think this team will be in the thick of it come the playoffs.

Everyone wants to crown Hurts. He had a good year. Do it again, before I’m ready to say he’s the best in the conference. 

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

I would say it's fairly accurate, although it just goes to show the discrepancy between conferences where you have essentially a minimum of two elite QB's per division in the AFC;

East- Rodgers, Allen
North- Jackson, Watson
South- Lawrence, (Stroud, Richardson, Levis?)
West- Mahomes, Herbert 
And how many of those elite AFC QB's have won SB's? BTW, you forgot Burrows
https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/16...ACTLldBpFg&s=19

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
With that said, I don't want to hear anymore excuses for Cousins this upcoming season. Weapons-check, offensive line-check, upgraded defense-check, coaching continuity-check. He needs to throw the ball less to the other team and be more efficient in general (92.5 QBR last year)
OK dad. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I think people think of QB rankings in two different ways and that's why you have so much disagreement. Is it who's better? Or who would you rather have? 

For example, no doubt Cousins is better than Trevor Lawrence. But there isn't anyone who would rather not have a 23-year-old Lawrence with his contract over 34-year-old Cousins and his. 
Agreed...

I have another theory too. Its not mutually exclusive to yours and it probably stacks right on it: 

The frustration with the Viking's Front Office inability to put together a complete team, a team with strength in the trenches, that can win in the post-season is directed @ KC. 

The poster-child for that today would be Philly, KC, Cinci and Buff.  

That comes with the territory of being a QB I guess. You get to shrug it off (if you can) with generational pay-days. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
With that said, I don't want to hear anymore excuses for Cousins this upcoming season. Weapons-check, offensive line-check, upgraded defense-check, coaching continuity-check. He needs to throw the ball less to the other team and be more efficient in general (92.5 QBR last year)
OK dad. 
Lol little late on this arent you? Settle down there Lil' Kirko before I make you sit in the corner...