Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Have Inquired About Potential Trade For Jerry Jeudy
Highly touted coming out but has been pretty middling in Denver. Denver offense has been putrid during that time but is he a casualty or a cause? Two years of him on a rookie deal for a third round pick might be interesting. We just have so few picks that it'd be really hard to pull the trigger, especially if we go QB in round 1. That'd really leave our defense in a bad way, even if the value is technically there. If we go LB or DL in round 1 and don't love the CBs within reach in the third then yeah it might be worth a call.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
Highly touted coming out but has been pretty middling in Denver. Denver offense has been putrid during that time but is he a casualty or a cause? Two years of him on a rookie deal for a third round pick might be interesting. We just have so few picks that it'd be really hard to pull the trigger, especially if we go QB in round 1. That'd really leave our defense in a bad way, even if the value is technically there. If we go LB or DL in round 1 and don't love the CBs within reach in the third then yeah it might be worth a call.
if QB isnt the pick in the first,  then the play should be to trade down for multiple day 2 picks so we can address our OL and DL deficiencies as well as those at LB.  this team is not going to win anything this year regardless of who is at QB,  but if they are hell bent on continuing down the path of over paying KC,  then fix the excuses in front of us,  which for this year is D and IOL,  then it should be a lock for a superbowl since thats all that was keeping him from delivering.

and if they are looking at QB in round 1, then we need to be focusing our remaining draft to once again fill those glaring holes on D and possibly IOL.  WR and RB are so far down on the need list its hard to think about allocating draft resources to them at this time.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
if QB isnt the pick in the first,  then the play should be to trade down for multiple day 2 picks so we can address our OL and DL deficiencies as well as those at LB.  this team is not going to win anything this year regardless of who is at QB,  but if they are hell bent on continuing down the path of over paying KC,  then fix the excuses in front of us,  which for this year is D and IOL,  then it should be a lock for a superbowl since thats all that was keeping him from delivering.

and if they are looking at QB in round 1, then we need to be focusing our remaining draft to once again fill those glaring holes on D and possibly IOL.  WR and RB are so far down on the need list its hard to think about allocating draft resources to them at this time.
Whether it's Kirk or anyone else, if we don't deliver in the playoffs there will always be excuses.
For Kirk specifically-- it was the bad O-line. Then it was the bad O-Line. Then it was the bad OL... Then last offseason it was, "we need to see him with the new regime!" Now this offseason it's, "We need to see him in year 2 with the new regime!"
It's just the nature of being a fan. I do the exact same thing and it's why I'm sitting here hoping we keep Dalvin even though all evidence and maybe even logic says the team is going to and probably should move on.
I agree a Jeudy deal doesn't make much sense for the Vikings but I disagree that WR2 isn't a big need. Yeah the defense probably needs even more help but such is the nature of our predicament, despite winning 13 games last year. Hearing KO say that he expects big things from Nailor and Reagor this upcoming season recently did not reassure me that we're set at WR. At all. But hey we got TEs and an FB baby! Move the chains!

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pattersaur" said:

Whether it's Kirk or anyone else, if we don't deliver in the playoffs there will always be excuses.
For Kirk specifically-- it was the bad O-line. Then it was the bad O-Line. Then it was the bad OL... Then last offseason it was, "we need to see him with the new regime!" Now this offseason it's, "We need to see him in year 2 with the new regime!"
It's just the nature of being a fan. I do the exact same thing and it's why I'm sitting here hoping we keep Dalvin even though all evidence and maybe even logic says the team is going to and probably should move on.
I agree a Jeudy deal doesn't make much sense for the Vikings but I disagree that WR2 isn't a big need. Yeah the defense probably needs even more help but such is the nature of our predicament, despite winning 13 games last year. Hearing KO say that he expects big things from Nailor and Reagor this upcoming season recently did not reassure me that we're set at WR. At all. But hey we got TEs and an FB baby! Move the chains!
our wr2 is Hock,  that was pretty evident last year as Kirks reads were JJ... JJ... TJ...JJ AT... KJ... Cook.  unless Kirk is suddenly going to start coming off JJ quicker,  and TJ isnt going to be his second read,  I dont know that we need to put much emphasis on our 2nd WR (especially since KJ looks like he could deliver more than we got last year)

besides we already have a JJ,  maybe see if you can find a DJ,  or an AJ,  CJ or PJ would be fun too.

I really hope the Vikes make it a priority and get some younger talent in the front 7 on D.  I agree with Jimmy and think the priority on offense is IOL.  With or without Cook, I think the offense still has weapons; even after AT leaving.

Jerry Jeudy has shown to be an excellent WR so far. Guy is a stud route runner and lock solid pass catcher. He’s just been stuck on garbage offenses. If they could get him for a 3rd, hell yeah, I’d do that in a heartbeat. Thing is, it will need to be a player swap likely because they’ll want a much higher pick than a 3rd. If you can get him for a 2 it’s really tempting. He’s well worth our 2, it’s not that, it’s just tough to give up the capital with our defensive issues. 
JJ, Jerry, KJ in the slot and TJ is an elite lineup. As in, best in the NFL lineup in my opinion. Our #6 offense gets even better. If they trade Cook’s big contract it’s easily doable and for the long term as long as you pick up cheap RB’s every couple of years. Mattison is easily capable and one of the others will step up as a RB2. 
I’ve always said this is how I would develop a team. RB would never be a big cap hit position. I’d love this move. 

It will need to be an amazing offense with our horrendous defense - the main factor keeping this team from a Super Bowl. 

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
Jerry Jeudy has shown to be an excellent WR so far. Guy is a stud route runner and lock solid pass catcher. He’s just been stuck on garbage offenses. If they could get him for a 3rd, hell yeah, I’d do that in a heartbeat. Thing is, it will need to be a player swap likely because they’ll want a much higher pick than a 3rd. If you can get him for a 2 it’s really tempting. He’s well worth our 2, it’s not that, it’s just tough to give up the capital with our defensive issues. 
JJ, Jerry, KJ in the slot and TJ is an elite lineup. As in, best in the NFL lineup in my opinion. Our #6 offense gets even better. If they trade Cook’s big contract it’s easily doable and for the long term as long as you pick up cheap RB’s every couple of years. Mattison is easily capable and one of the others will step up as a RB2. 
I’ve always said this is how I would develop a team. RB would never be a big cap hit position. I’d love this move. 

It will need to be an amazing offense with our horrendous defense - the main factor keeping this team from a Super Bowl. 
Our 2 already belongs to Detroit from the TJ trade…

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:

Our 2 already belongs to Detroit from the TJ trade…
All the more reason to give them that 2.