Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LBs?
Are we even looking for LBs or does Flores' system not need them? Maybe we are rolling with what we got? I know the 3-4 system looks at 4-3 DEs as LOLBs. Just wondering if that is a position of need?

Haven’t seen much on their LB plans, but yes we definitely need help! Perhaps they’re looking to the draft to get younger & faster, I would hope.

“Backers? Backers!?!”

”We dont need no stinkin’ Backers”

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
Are we even looking for LBs or does Flores' system not need them? Maybe we are rolling with what we got? I know the 3-4 system looks at 4-3 DEs as LOLBs. Just wondering if that is a position of need?
With Hunter, Z and Davenport all currently under contract, OLB is not a need. Even if Z leaves (likely IMO), it's not a primary need. the depth is solid with PJII, Wonnum, etc. 

So I assume you're talking about ILB. That definitely is a need. Brian Asamoah, who looks like a future star, will be one starter. Right now, the other is....Jordan Hicks. And the depth is Troy Dye. 

ILB is a position the Vikings could still address in free agency. If not, it will almost certainly be one of our first two draft picks. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@PurplePastor said:
With Hunter, Z and Davenport all currently under contract, OLB is not a need. Even if Z leaves (likely IMO), it's not a primary need. the depth is solid with PJII, Wonnum, etc. 

So I assume you're talking about ILB. That definitely is a need. Brian Asamoah, who looks like a future star, will be one starter. Right now, the other is....Jordan Hicks. And the depth is Troy Dye. 

ILB is a position the Vikings could still address in free agency. If not, it will almost certainly be one of our first two draft picks. 
You are correct. I do mean ILBs. I could see them rolling with Asamoah, but Hicks seems like someone to just have until an upgrade comes along or a rookie gets up to speed. I don't see Dye as a starter, but maybe the coaches see something more?

Im surprised Hicks is still on squad - but I can also see where they needed experience at ILB with Asamoah. 

They will not be able to fill all the holes on D in one season. Even if they draft someone this year, they may not contribute much till their 2nd season on D. 

Hicks can't cover but he can play the run just fine. And he should be pretty cheap now. I have hope that Asamoah can cover. But we nothing behind them. Troy Dye seems like a Special Teams guy and nothing more. I know nothing about Kwenkeu and I expect nothing from him.