Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Down goes Frazier...
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3575...r-coaching
Is this the wave of the future? Coaches taking a "year off?" I know why Sean Payton did it, but I've never heard of a coordinator doing it. This goes right up there with "load management" in the NBA..

I’m curious how this works contract-wise if they have future
years in their contract.  If the team has
to go out and replace you and then you want to come back and coach more, how
does it all shake out?
I get the sentiment of why a coach would want to take a year
off.  If you’ve established yourself
enough to feel confident in getting a job when you return.  The coaching life is brutal and you’ll have
missed out on the rest of your life if you don’t force yourself to slow down
and take a minute to appreciate everything.

Sometimes a guy has to go back, look at the tape...

Perhaps his personal life needs the break.

FWIW the fastest way for a team to go from contenders to mediocrity is personnel loses,be it players or Coaches/Coordinators.

Buffalo is in the midst of both . 

I dont know how this hasn't happened a hella more than it has to date...Coaches lives are grueling and it looks to be just as hard on families

Maybe it was a mutual parting by both sides.  Instead of facing the possibility of being fired he was given the option to walk away on his own.  Not saying he was going to be fired but the team may have decided to go in a different direction.

Down goes Frazier... Those 3 Ali fights were truly classics! B) 

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
Maybe it was a mutual parting by both sides.  Instead of facing the possibility of being fired he was given the option to walk away on his own.  Not saying he was going to be fired but the team may have decided to go in a different direction.
If they are looking  to go a different directions it isn't due to lack of results. First or second in scoring defense three of the last four years. Top four in takeaways three of the last four years. Top three in yards three of the last five years.