Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalvin not interested in a pay cut
Quote: @Kentis said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
Read somewhere that this surgery could prevent the Vikings from trading Cook (if they so choose), since he wouldn't be able to pass a physical in time. 
Seems doubtful that a trade would be likely given his salary.  

I think his guaranteed money is all but gone, $2 milion in 2023 guaranteed salary left…
I think if a team traded for him they would get him for about 10.5 for 23, and about 12 in 24,  those are the base numbers in his deal over the next 2 years.  Especially now coming off a surgery IMO he is likely more of a question mark and would get less in any new deals if the team were to cut him due to him refusing to take a pay cut.

Quote: @Kentis said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
Read somewhere that this surgery could prevent the Vikings from trading Cook (if they so choose), since he wouldn't be able to pass a physical in time. 
Seems doubtful that a trade would be likely given his salary.  

I think his guaranteed money is all but gone, $2 milion in 2023 guaranteed salary left…
He has an injury guaranty for $2M. The surgery was due to an injury. So that $2M guaranty kicks in this March. If we are going to get rid of him, we need to do it before the $2M becomes guaranteed otherwise his cap relief will have been reduced by $2M. Also, as mentioned above, he is much harder to trade now and any compensation will be reduced. Pretty shrewd move. If we want to avoid the $2M hit you have to cut him and get nothing or try to trade him - if that is even possible now.