Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you?
Yah, unlike Rogers? Brady looks kaput. 

I'm ok going to battle with Cousins the next 2-3 seasons. But his cap hit has to improve as does our D

If we had even an average defense we’d be playing this weekend. Kirk isnt the problem and theres no way Id take a washed up Brady over Kirk at this point. 

I think any SB caliber roster would pick Brady over Cousins that wants to win this year.  Brady is the goat and that carries a lot of weight.  I don't think any rebuilding team should pick Cousins or Brady.  Neither is really going to carry a subpar roster at this point and neither is a guy you are building around for the long term.  That said, I think there's definitely a market for Cousins.  He's the best of the expensive middle tier of QBs.  If you have a talented offensive roster, he could be your guy.

Not even close, Cousins is a much better QB at this point, Brady is all on reputation, he can no longer carry a team and was completely shut down numerous times this year.  The Bucs scored more than 21 points 5x all year.  Ridiculous the lack of respect Cousins gets.  

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Yah, unlike Rogers? Brady looks kaput. 

I'm ok going to battle with Cousins the next 2-3 seasons. But his cap hit has to improve as does our D
The D will probably improve, but the only way Cousins cap hit goes down is by adding years. 

Quote: @"medaille" said:
I think any SB caliber roster would pick Brady over Cousins that wants to win this year.  Brady is the goat and that carries a lot of weight.  I don't think any rebuilding team should pick Cousins or Brady.  Neither is really going to carry a subpar roster at this point and neither is a guy you are building around for the long term.  That said, I think there's definitely a market for Cousins.  He's the best of the expensive middle tier of QBs.  If you have a talented offensive roster, he could be your guy.
So you're basically betting that Brady's down year was an outlier and not at all age related. At 45 years old. 

It will be interesting to see what happens. He's a free agent and if he wants to continue playing he'll end up somewhere. But I agree the only teams who should be interested are contenders without a QB...and there aren't many of those.

Why justify an obvious Cowherd take?

I am not sure Brady would take Brady.