Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purdy has 'taken the league by storm'
Quote: @Mattyman said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Mattyman said:
If Purdy and SF win the Superbowl, I gotta wonder how much it would change how teams think about drafting QB's.
Shanny will be revered as the next Belicheat,  not that he got lucky, but he saw something in this late rounder and it paid off... right,  they got lucky.  teams have been grabbing late round QBs and undrafted guys for as long as the draft has been around... once in a blue moon you get lucky.  ( you know,  the same mentality we as Vikings fans cling to every year )

A late rounder paying off (Dak Prescott)  happens, agreed.

A rookie late rounder starting 4? games gets to and wins  a Superbowl  would shatter  some ways of thinking on "how to win a superbowl"

Logically it shouldn't,  but yes it likely will have people talking,  but its not like shanny would be the first to do it with a low round or undrafted QB.

The defense carries the team and the offense is really tight so the QB just needs to really manage the game, however Purdy does not just look like a guy who is handing off and throwing dink and dunk passes, he has a really calm, cool presence about that gives the offense that old 49er Joe Montana vibe.  You keep thinking he is going to crack and act like a 7th rounder at some point, but he keep playing like a veteran, he makes the plays that need to be made and he doesn't make mistakes.  I was skeptical, but have to say from what I have seen he is the real deal.  

I honestly cant hear the guys name without thinking “Deliverance”

”You got a Purdy mouth”