Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who here's a little skittish about O'Neil's achilles?
That's one injury that can be really nasty in terms of full recovery. Haven't heard a word on what the prognosis is. Are we in a blind spot on this one? Should we have a better plan B?

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
That's one injury that can be really nasty in terms of full recovery. Haven't heard a word on what the prognosis is. Are we in a blind spot on this one? Should we have a better plan B?
If we need to be concerned they’ll prioritize it in FA. 

I am fine with Udoh,  he has shown to be much better at RT than he displayed at LT last year so if ONeill's recovery is delayed,  I dont think we need to start freaking out just yet.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I am fine with Udoh,  he has shown to be much better at RT than he displayed at LT last year so if ONeill's recovery is delayed,  I dont think we need to start freaking out just yet.
Udoh "might" be ok, but if we're down to him, we're damn thin.

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
I'm thinking this coming season will be more in line with what we thought this last season would be.  I find it highly unlikely that there will be much left to build off from the the unexpected 13 and 4.  Even if the D improves,   I dont know that I expect more then a 500 or so record as I expect those learning curves we expected to show up as new players will need to step up and fill roles on both sides of the ball.

our LG is also likely better at T than where he is now. of course that would leave a gaping hole there. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
I'm thinking this coming season will be more in line with what we thought this last season would be.  I find it highly unlikely that there will be much left to build off from the the unexpected 13 and 4.  Even if the D improves,   I dont know that I expect more then a 500 or so record as I expect those learning curves we expected to show up as new players will need to step up and fill roles on both sides of the ball.
this team needs a reset year. Long time coming.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
this team needs a reset year. Long time coming.
The pressure from ownership to contend every year won't allow that to happen unfortunately. With the upcoming strength of schedule, we will be lucky to be 500 and have a chance at a Wildcard. 

Yep, it's typically a year long injury. However, O'Neill's was described as "partially torn." Just last year Cam Akers had what was described as a "fully torn" achilles. He made it back in 6 months, an almost miraculous timeline. 

I wouldn't expect O'Neill back for training camp, but probably mid year. So what do you do with Udoh? He's a free agent who was likely going to get a nice little bag of money as a low end starter somewhere. Can the Vikings afford to sign him? Can they afford not to? 

Stupid play call and pass behind the TE on 4th down.  

I hope he recovers but this has a Jake Long feeling.  Blake Brandel will have to be the guy until ONeill is fully healthy