Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Won't someone think of the children?
Our children are our future. Think before you throw a purple jersey on them and make them clap their hands overhead, dooming them to a life of anxiety, hypertension and cardiovasular disease. 
https://twitter.com/southviewONE10/statu...42689?s=20&t=qt-AeAfZuMBT534CLzIfuw
https://twitter.com/AKSJaeger/status/161...37888?s=20&t=076vyX-a09auA-nORsk7zw

Thinking out loud...

I wonder if things really are different in the NFL today? Different than the dynasties of yesteryear? I mean the Jags winning a playoff game? Even making the playoffs?

I think the only truism that carries over is that a franchise QB can still make all the difference in the world

Mahomes
Allen
Burrows
Hurts
A younger Rogers/Brady

Dak?
KC?

I think  it's great would you rather they be packer fans  or maybe saints

[Image: nfsgaqsoi1xq.jpeg]

In the immortal words of a good friend of my wife and I's when asked this question, she always says: 'F#$k the children'. 

Child Protective Services are on the case.  A court date is on the docket and the parental suspects are in custody. 

The charge: Raising children to be Vikings fans. 

The likely sentence: A lifetime of suffering.

I actually talked to my kids about it - they started wearing Vikings stuff, cheering, wanting jerseys, so I sat them down. “You know, you dont HAVE to be a Vikings fan, you can pick any team you like, players, based on where we live.” told them I followed them because they always would go to the SB, but have struggled since, so make up their own minds.

They stuck with them, who knows maybe in another 60 years my kids will be equally frustrated as I am.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
I actually talked to my kids about it - they started wearing Vikings stuff, cheering, wanting jerseys, so I sat them down. “You know, you dont HAVE to be a Vikings fan, you can pick any team you like, players, based on where we live.” told them I followed them because they always would go to the SB, but have struggled since, so make up their own minds.

They stuck with them, who knows maybe in another 60 years my kids will be equally frustrated as I am.
Funny, some of my kids became fans and I have often apologized for foisting that heartache on them.

One son was over to watch the game yesterday (only the second game I watched and sorry, the other was the packers game).  But he came to watch because he is Giants fan.

Thankfully most of them don't waste too much time and energy watching the NFL.