Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cook wearing wrong spikes?
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Id guess Cook stays, but i think its his last season next year. 
It's possible, but I think this was his last year in Minnesota. He played like a player 3 years older than he is, a player whose legs no longer respond to where his mind tells him to go.  

I also think Donatell will be fired, which means we'll be bringing in a DC who will need players to fit his scheme. That requires cap space. There are four fairly obvious targets for clearing space (in order): Thielen, Kendricks, Cook and Harry. I've read that these four moves could clear as much as $30M. 
cutting AT and Harry with post June 1st designation takes our 8 million deficit and give us about 9 million to the positive.

adding in Cook and Kendricks pushes our cap availability to about 26 million.... add in Zadarius Smith and you are at 40 million in cap to spend.

of course this is all just cutting the players,  if you were to trade them for another player that would bring a contract along that would need to be funded.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Still Hurtn" said:
49ers have 3 running backs better then Cook. His production or lack there of is easily replaced. 
49ers also likely have 4 OL men better than ours,  and play design/calling,  and defense that keeps the game close enough to be able to keep the run in the game play for 4 quarters... do we need to keep listing the differences?
Yes please list more reasons.. but 49ers still have 3 RB better then Cook.

Quote: @"Still Hurtn" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Still Hurtn" said:
49ers have 3 running backs better then Cook. His production or lack there of is easily replaced. 
49ers also likely have 4 OL men better than ours,  and play design/calling,  and defense that keeps the game close enough to be able to keep the run in the game play for 4 quarters... do we need to keep listing the differences?
Yes please list more reasons.. but 49ers still have 3 RB better then Cook.
I am not a DC apologist,  but what would Cook look like in that offense, with that play calling?

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
It's possible, but I think this was his last year in Minnesota. He played like a player 3 years older than he is, a player whose legs no longer respond to where his mind tells him to go.  

I also think Donatell will be fired, which means we'll be bringing in a DC who will need players to fit his scheme. That requires cap space. There are four fairly obvious targets for clearing space (in order): Thielen, Kendricks, Cook and Harry. I've read that these four moves could clear as much as $30M. 
cutting AT and Harry with post June 1st designation takes our 8 million deficit and give us about 9 million to the positive.

adding in Cook and Kendricks pushes our cap availability to about 26 million.... add in Zadarius Smith and you are at 40 million in cap to spend.

of course this is all just cutting the players,  if you were to trade them for another player that would bring a contract along that would need to be funded.
I realize it’s the very start of the offseason and the team and fans have months to sus these things out, but ok you cut all those guys and now have cap space. Are free agents jumping over themselves to take our money? We have a lot of holes to fill without cutting half of our productive players. I’m not saying I’m against some of these guys getting axed to save money, but we still need to field a team. Over the hill or not that is a LOT of production the Vikings will have to replace, in addition to filling the other holes all over the defense. 

My point is that while the Vikings will likely get younger and cheaper this offseason, I don’t know if we can expect them to get younger, cheaper, AND better. Hope for it sure, but that’s asking a lot.

Firing Donatelle is a good place to start but we’ve been on the Can-The-Coordinator merry go round for years with Zimmer on offense. It’s not a cure-all. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

I realize it’s the very start of the offseason and the team and fans have months to sus these things out, but ok you cut all those guys and now have cap space. Are free agents jumping over themselves to take our money? We have a lot of holes to fill without cutting half of our productive players. I’m not saying I’m against some of these guys getting axed to save money, but we still need to field a team. Over the hill or not that is a LOT of production the Vikings will have to replace, in addition to filling the other holes all over the defense. 

My point is that while the Vikings will likely get younger and cheaper this offseason, I don’t know if we can expect them to get younger, cheaper, AND better. Hope for it sure, but that’s asking a lot.

Firing Donatelle is a good place to start but we’ve been on the Can-The-Coordinator merry go round for years with Zimmer on offense. It’s not a cure-all. 
you dont make an omlet without breaking a few eggs.  get a new DC in here asap,  let him review the players,  and then start making calls.  if its decided that this thing is going to take a couple years to make it right ( as we suspected with the change to a 34D would ) then look at the O and start evaluating the futures of any player in their 30s ( past 25 or so if they play RB )  if they arent hitting their primes now,  then they are already in their primes or likely on the back side when we come out of this small rebuild so start shopping some of them as well.

@"pattersaur" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

you dont make an omlet without breaking a few eggs.  get a new DC in here asap,  let him review the players,  and then start making calls.  if its decided that this thing is going to take a couple years to make it right ( as we suspected with the change to a 34D would ) then look at the O and start evaluating the futures of any player in their 30s ( past 25 or so if they play RB )  if they arent hitting their primes now,  then they are already in their primes or likely on the back side when we come out of this small rebuild so start shopping some of them as well.
“That doesn’t work for me, brother”- Z. Wilf

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

“That doesn’t work for me, brother”- Z. Wilf
he says a lot of shit... but all we really care about is if the checks are still good.