Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's it Going to Take This Time?
Last time we faced the GMen the Vikes forced and recovered a fumble, blocked a punt, had a 4th quarter pick, then still needed a 61 yard FG as time expired to win it.  Seems to me it'd be crazy to plan on having all those things happen a second time around to get the Vikes the "W".  They better be ready for a four quarter game and finally be playing their best on both sides of the ball.Timely forced fumbles and picks have been bailing out the D in about every win this year, and that's great.  It'd also be nice to see this Vikings team just go out there and kick @ss and shut up all the critics about this team being "lucky".  No better time than the playoffs to finally see a dominant win this season.
I'm not a huge believer in historical games, but the
Giants currently own a 2-1 all-time record against the Vikings in the
NFL playoffs. New York's only loss to Minnesota occurred following the
1997 regular season. Here's the full list of postseason results
between these teams:
  • Jan. 9, 1994 (Wild Card Round): Vikings 10, Giants 17
  • Dec. 27, 1997 (Wild Card Round): Vikings 23, Giants 22
  • Jan. 14, 2001 (NFC Championship Game): Vikings 0, Giants 41
It'd be so sweet to see this playoff history series get even at two apiece.  If it does take another miracle on Sunday to win, well, I guess that wouldn't be so bad either. B)
SKOL!

1). Score more pts
2). Stop Saquon B and make Danny Dimes beat you

It will either be a Vikings blowout, a Giants blowout or a close game either team can win. Write it down. :-)

The only thing I'll say about that 1st game is this: a lot of times, regardless of score or outcome, you can tell who the better team is. And it's not always the team who wins. But the Giants game was one of the few games this year where I truly felt like the Vikings were the better team. 

I think the road to a SB probably is going to come down to
the defense being opportunistic more than shutting teams down.  I’m just hoping that our offense can put
together complete games, so that we’re in command of the game rather than
behind the 8 ball.  The thing that
worries me most is if the offense stagnates out of the gate and we get down a
lot.  I do think the Giants are a team we
should be able to get a “normal” win against where both teams play well and we
just do a little better.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
I think the road to a SB probably is going to come down to
the defense being opportunistic more than shutting teams down.  I’m just hoping that our offense can put
together complete games, so that we’re in command of the game rather than
behind the 8 ball.  The thing that
worries me most is if the offense stagnates out of the gate and we get down a
lot.  I do think the Giants are a team we
should be able to get a “normal” win against where both teams play well and we
just do a little better.
Agree. If the Vikings start fast and avoid early mistakes, I really like their chances. It keeps the crowd in it and it takes the ball away from their most dangerous weapon in Barkley.

Honestly, if I were them, I'd give the ball to Barkley about 25 times regardless of score. 

That can go both ways, Jones threw for more than 228 yards twice all year and he had 334 against us, their kicker made a 55 yarder, it took a total collapse by our defense to let them go 75 yards in 59 seconds and a two point conversion just to tie the game otherwise we win by 8.  Tired of hearing the Giants whine about how they should have won.  I don't have any doubt we blow them out this game.