Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins jersey to the Football Hall of Fame
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I was at that game,   i understand the excitement that came from the ending,   but what I dont understand is overlooking the fact that he is the same QB that failed to lead a single scoring drive in the first half that led the to the deficit that has everyone so happy to talk about.  He wasn't alone,  he had help,  dropped passes,  fumbles,  etc,   but he was as much part of the failure that led to the opportunity as he was to the comeback that came from it.  That jersey belongs in the hall of shame as much as the hall of fame from that day IMO.  That game was as much of an embarrassment for our franchise as it was an accomplishment. 
You're right that Cousins didn't lead a single scoring drive in the 1st half. But since you were there, I'm sure you saw the blocked punt for a TD, the Dalvin Cook fumble at the end of a 40-yard drive that led to another Colts TD, the Reagor screw up that led to another Colts TD, and two 4th and 1 failures that had nothing to do with Cousins. 
Yep,  you are right,   none of the offensive ineptitude was Cousins doing...I acknowledged that it wasn't him alone,  but you seem to think he is beyond blame.

As you were....
Hmmm, nobody is saying that. Cousins isn't perfect. But you can't sit there with a straight face and say many 'Cousins is doing well' type thread you don't pop in to burst the bubble a bit. Which is completely fine, its how you feel. But you are putting MB in the 'Cousins is beyond reproach' box, so careful that you don't get put into the 'Cousins can't do anything right' box. 
It's easier to make an argument when you exaggerate the other guy's argument. But with the exception of maybe one or two posters who have been mostly quiet this year, none of us have trouble acknowledging his strengths and weaknesses, when he plays well and when he doesn't. It's really not that hard if you actually watch the games and are honest with yourself. It's outside this board--sports radio, twitter, national media--where you find the real extreme, moronic takes. 

[Image: kxo5bfbq7t8s.gif]

[Image: nk3rfr8bkvts.jpeg]
Get off of my Quarterback…!  Wink B)