Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills-Patriots game

Well, if they are truly going to put the players well being in front of the NFL's? This game might be postponed too. 

I have no idea where those players headspace is or the coaches for that matter. Heck, they're all individuals and probably all over the map with how they're processing this and coping with it. 

prognosis is good so its best to get back to work imo they should just cancel the bills bengals affair,  they just have a 16 game win loss record % instead of a 17 game to determine playoff seedings,  and then get week 18 over with so the playoffs can start as planned,  otherwise every other team will get a bye week and then cut the week between the championship games and the superbowl out.

Sorry to sound cold, but they are paid professionals.  The rest of the world doesn't get 2 weeks off when a co-worker is hospitalized.  Most of them are alpha males and would likely rather be out on the field than sitting around thinking about it.

Quote: @greediron said:
Sorry to sound cold, but they are paid professionals.  The rest of the world doesn't get 2 weeks off when a co-worker is hospitalized.  Most of them are alpha males and would likely rather be out on the field than sitting around thinking about it.
I tend to agree with you greediron. I think the best thing for them to do is get back to work.

I really don't know what the final resolution on the Bills v Bengals game should be though

Quote: @greediron said:
It won't be 2 weeks, it would be 6 days since the incident and just 2 days of getting back to work and preparing.  This is not just a co-worker hospitalized, but a co-working almost dying right in front of you while you are working together and you still do not know if he is going to be okay.  it also involves a job in which you need to be 100% present and focused otherwise your own health and the health of your teammates is at risk. I don't think anyone can speak to what the Bills are going through and believe the only ones who should make the call are the players and organization.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@greediron said:
It won't be 2 weeks, it would be 6 days since the incident and just 2 days of getting back to work and preparing.  This is not just a co-worker hospitalized, but a co-working almost dying right in front of you while you are working together and you still do not know if he is going to be okay.  it also involves a job in which you need to be 100% present and focused otherwise your own health and the health of your teammates is at risk. I don't think anyone can speak to what the Bills are going through and believe the only ones who should make the call are the players and organization.  
You are correct, it isn't 2 weeks, but it is more than a week they would get off.  But just the same, other working class people have witnessed the same and they may get a few days and counseling, but ultimately they really aren't that special.  Doctors are a hell of a lot more involved and need to be present and focused.  EMT people are much more involved. 

So just because millions of people watched it and the news is still running it for clicks doesn't mean the players are more important than everyone else.

It's a business,  and how many other businesses would shut down for 2 weeks due to an employee having a serious  cardiac event at work?  If some are not ready to return to work then they shouldn't be asked to,  but IMO most would benefit from the distraction that comes from getting back to some sort of normal and refocus their minds to their regular life.