Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't know about you...
But after another butt kicking loss and watching the events unfold at that Buff/Cinci game?

The wind is kinda out of my football sails today

[Image: unknown.jpeg]

Agreed. I've got no excitement or interest in it right now. The loss was just so ridiculously bad and now a really nice young man is fighting for his life. 

Yeah the Hamlin thing is hard. 

As far as our home 22, I turned it off at halftime and hoped KOC would pull the starters.  I THINK we know who we are at this point (I have absolutely no effing clue) and did not want to spend the emotional capital on the 2nd half.  

We are winners of the Norse once again.  Great achievement and I have enjoyed that accomplishment.  For some reason this year I am having trouble bonding with the team.  I want to identify with this team but the jekyll and hyde act is horrifying.  I need to just celebrate where we are but its hard for some reason.  

I will be excited for the playoffs, maybe that will be the reset the team and I need to GO ALL the WAY!

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:

As far as our home 22, I turned it off at halftime and hoped KOC would pull the starters.  I THINK we know who we are at this point (I have absolutely no effing clue) and did not want to spend the emotional capital on the 2nd half.  

We are winners of the Norse once again.  Great achievement and I have enjoyed that accomplishment.  For some reason this year I am having trouble bonding with the team.  I want to identify with this team but the jekyll and hyde act is horrifying.  I need to just celebrate where we are but its hard for some reason.  

I will be excited for the playoffs, maybe that will be the reset the team and I need to GO ALL the WAY!
We've probably got 5 years worth of emotional investment into this season already and haven't had any playoff games yet.  It's hard to know that any given game could be a train wreck and the ones that aren't train wrecks require miracles to win.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

We've probably got 5 years worth of emotional investment into this season already and haven't had any playoff games yet.  It's hard to know that any given game could be a train wreck and the ones that aren't train wrecks require miracles to win.
This season has been a roller coaster for sure. Some awesome climbs and dips, but it reminds me of the computer game of Roller Coaster Tycoon I would play in grade school. I'd do my best to build fun rides so the customers would keep coming back and my theme park would be successful, but being a little sh!t that I was sometimes I'd build roller coasters that didn't actually finish the track. They'd just launch patrons into the stratosphere to crash and burn. Hopefully this Vikings season has a softer landing...

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:

I think we all have had a hard time trusting this team, even the most positive of posters. Hell, as long time fans we already fight the feeling of the other shoe is going to drop, we just don't know when. And then this fun team that obviously enjoy playing with each other is SO unpredictable. That's how I view it as well, my 'emotional capital'. I've been through the meat grinder too often with this franchise and I'll turn off a shit show game in record time now. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

I think we all have had a hard time trusting this team, even the most positive of posters. Hell, as long time fans we already fight the feeling of the other shoe is going to drop, we just don't know when. And then this fun team that obviously enjoy playing with each other is SO unpredictable. That's how I view it as well, my 'emotional capital'. I've been through the meat grinder too often with this franchise and I'll turn off a shit show game in record time now. 
It was fun for a while but they are 4-3 last 7 with ugly losses and squeaker/miracle wins. If they started the season like that you'd figure them for about 6 wins.

I'd say just as the flukiness of their season is historic, the fans are historically less excited for this likely 13 win team than any 13 win team ever.

I turned the GB game off after the blocked punt ended in 3 and the ensuing KO was returned for a TD. 
Even after the Indianapolis game, I had a bad feeling this game would get ugly. So
why put myself through that?
I’ll watch the playoffs, but if things get out of hand early I’ll turn it off. Again, why put myself through that?
It has been an interesting year to say the least, but there have been times you wonder how the hell they won 12 games. 
The team has a chance to win it all, they could also be one ans done. I won’t lose sleep if they finish on a bad note.

The game and Hamlin having a cardiac arrest on the field did put a damper on things. But honestly I really only watch or read anything when they win anymore. 
I’ve become a fair weather fan, and I’m not afraid to admit that.

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:

I’ve become a fair weather fan, and I’m not afraid to admit that.
I said the same thing on this board years ago. Its not worth my entertainment time to watch garbage Viking's football. I'm completely fair weather now. I'll turn off a bullshit game in record time and hit up Netflix or HBO Max.