Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder if Trey Lance will be available for trade at some point.....
Its going to be very interesting. Brock Purdy has looked better than Lance ever has....and I mean EVER. I mean can you stifle the team's success AGAIN by pushing Trey in there next season? Have the 49ers seen enough of Lance to give him up? It will be interesting. 

This will be a fascinating offseason for quarterbacks.  Start with Lance and Zack Wilson.  Throw in Carr, Brady, Garoppolo.  Then roll the dice on Mayfield, Jones and Darnold.

I don't know that the Vikings and where they will be drafting is really a great spot to be finding a QBOTF. I think looking at a young retread option with some upside who can come in and learn the system for a year behind Cousins is really the way to go. 

SF's problem is that they've seen so little of Lance that they have no clue what they have.  After using 3 1st rounders to get Lance, they politically can't give up on him yet.  My guess is Garoppolo is gone and next season is the Lance/Purdy battle.  

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Its going to be very interesting. Brock Purdy has looked better than Lance ever has....and I mean EVER. I mean can you stifle the team's success AGAIN by pushing Trey in there next season? Have the 49ers seen enough of Lance to give him up? It will be interesting. 
Brock has looked Purdy good, but if I had a dollar for every young QB who comes in and looks good in the short term, I could retire. Once they're given a full playbook and the defense has film on them, things tend to screech to a halt. 

I think RSE is right. 49ers will want to see much more of Lance before making a decision on him. 

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
SF's problem is that they've seen so little of Lance that they have no clue what they have.  After using 3 1st rounders to get Lance, they politically can't give up on him yet.  My guess is Garoppolo is gone and next season is the Lance/Purdy battle.  
Truth, but honestly nobody has seen much of Lance. His college career basically is one season....in 2019....in the Missouri Valley Conference. To say he's raw is like saying water is wet. I don't disagree that they'll probably give Lance another good look because of the comp they gave up, but if he stinks it up again, the fans will lose their shit. Especially if the 49ers do well in the playoffs. San Fran will be very good again next year.