Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was wrong about this guy
I really thought this was our answer at Guard.  Evidently, he's nobody's answer

https://twitter.com/vikingterritory/stat...42658?s=20&t=O3943XxhE7FdBRcOljnFUA

Wow, four teams in four months? It's obvious the guy can't play, but it would be nice to know why. Plenty of size and athleticism. Played for Ohio State. Is he a blithering idiot? Lazy? Entitled maybe? He's the son of an actor and grandson of a hall of famer. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Wow, four teams in four months? It's obvious the guy can't play, but it would be nice to know why. Plenty of size and athleticism. Played for Ohio State. Is he a blithering idiot? Lazy? Entitled maybe? He's the son of an actor and grandson of a hall of famer. 
IIRC, he came in fat and out of shape.  So I will go with the lazy or entitled.  Obviously doesn't have the drive to make it in the NFL.

I thought he was going to be the best guard we'd had since Hutch, and that Zimmer didn't play him to basically give the finger to Spielman.Seemed to have all the tools to make it. Goes to show how much the draft can be a crapshoot.

Denver drafted Quinn Meinerz 12 picks after the Vikes drafted Davis. Meinerz was the darling of the Combine that year. He started 12 games at OG for Denver in 2021 & has started every game this season.

He fell for a reason. He was a stud in college. But when he fell to where Minnesota took Davis I was like, 'what's wrong with him?'. And something obviously is. 

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
Denver drafted Quinn Meinerz 12 picks after the Vikes drafted Davis. Meinerz was the darling of the Combine that year. He started 12 games at OG for Denver in 2021 & has started every game this season.
Loved Meinerz. He had a great Senior Bowl week too. Regarding Davis, I think Spielman was influenced by the perception of value. Hell, there were mocks in the Fall that had Davis going in the top 15. I'm sure he seemed like a good value late in the 3rd. 

I wanted Meinerz badly also. Had him mocked to us in a couple of my drafts. I thought Davis looked small in college but had a chance to be a good pro. He won't be in the league next year..

I think Spielman was influenced by the Ohio State connection too. 

It was just a long shot on Davis, hoping the big-time college and pedigree would eventually come through...but it was a miss.