Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Vikings game ever?
I was at the Miracle at the Met along w/ a busload of drunks from the Channel Inn(“My Place” back then) in Fairmont, I was 20yrs old, hard for me to top that one!!!  Wink B)  

Quote: @Still Hurtn said:
87? Beat 49ers in the playoffs. Was another sweet memory 
This - If it wasnt for the Fking strike “team” losing every game. we would have had home field advantage and our first SB trophy 

1969 Week 2. 52-14 over the mighty Colts. Announced we were building something special and were here to stay. 

Seems playoff wins that are huge are more important. Although one could argue without the first Miracle of the TK to Rashad TD, the playoffs don’t happen.

The thing with yesterday is that hope was gone for almost everyone. 
Sure the Minneapolis Miracle won the game, but FG range was there had Diggs been tackled or pushed out of bounds. Plus, the Vikings were winning early and the Saints came back to lead. So the game was back and forth.

The ‘87 game, the Vikings were not supposed to win, nor were they supposed to win the week before. So, probably better than both Miracles, because of being the underdog.

The Bills game, at the time was huge, because of the deficit and how the Bills hadn’t lost since the 60s with that big of a lead.

Yesterday…everyone wrote them off after that first half. I’m seriously surprised that there was still a crowd after the first 3 and out after the half.

This team, this year; it just sits different.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
Seems playoff wins that are huge are more important. Although one could argue without the first Miracle of the TK to Rashad TD, the playoffs don’t happen.

Sure the Minneapolis Miracle won the game, but FG range was there had Diggs been tackled or pushed out of bounds. Plus, the Vikings were winning early and the Saints came back to lead. So the game was back and forth.

The ‘87 game, the Vikings were not supposed to win, nor were they supposed to win the week before. So, probably better than both Miracles, because of being the underdog.

The Bills game, at the time was huge, because of the deficit and how the Bills hadn’t lost since the 60s with that big of a lead.

Yesterday…everyone wrote them off after that first half. I’m seriously surprised that there was still a crowd after the first 3 and out after the half.

Yah, 

Someone else posted there just hasn't been a year like this one b4, and I think they're right. 

I have no delusions this team is going to make a deep playoff run myself (although anything can happen in the post-season). 

But that wont detract from my fan contentment of wrestling the Norris Title from GB and for having an awful lot of fun this regular season. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Riphawkins said:

Yah, 

Someone else posted there just hasn't been a year like this one b4, and I think they're right. 

I have no delusions this team is going to make a deep playoff run myself (although anything can happen in the post-season). 

But that wont detract from my fan contentment of wrestling the Norris Title from GB and for having an awful lot of fun this regular season. 

This year and the ‘17 year remind me of the ‘98 High School football team where I live.

When I was a freshman in ‘77, the team had gone to state and won the Championship. Awesome day, great feeling. In ‘94 the team went to State and lost. A great year, great times, but a let down in the end.

In ‘98, every team in the conference was supposed to be better. A couple of early losses made it seem like the experts were right. But, the team came together, tied for the conference title, and their season ended in the Regional game. One marred by a couple of suspect penalties.IMO

That year was more fun than the State Title team, and the Runner Up team. There was just something about nobody believing in those guys and them coming back from a few losses to share the conference title. Even though they lost before the State game, it has been my favorite year.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
I can remember the Pearson Pushoff so there are a lot of good (and bad) memories.  The Comback game has to be the mostt unbelievable game i have seen.  Kind of like watching a snowball rolling down a hill and picking up speed.  It is the definition of momentum.
I went to school the next day and got in a fight with my best friend over that game on the monkey bars

The fact that the team really only played a "great game" maybe for a quarter and a half holds me back in saying they played their "Best Game Ever".  They looked and played like crap all the way into the 3rd quarter.I will say it was their "Greatest Comeback Ever" though!  Loved the win, but this wasn't one of their best overall games.Skol!

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
@ThunderGod said:
I can remember the Pearson Pushoff so there are a lot of good (and bad) memories.  The Comback game has to be the mostt unbelievable game i have seen.  Kind of like watching a snowball rolling down a hill and picking up speed.  It is the definition of momentum.
I went to school the next day and got in a fight with my best friend over that game on the monkey bars
LOL - same here... but sandbox