Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Defensive performance last week
Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
The difference this year from last year is the way the Vikings capitalized on turnovers and turned them into points...
The difference this year from last year is the way the Vikings capitalized on turnovers and turned them into points...
Yea I don't have the stats on turning TO's into points but we are second in the league in turnover differential at +8.
I am very surprised to learn we were +11 last year.  With all those close losses it would certainly seem to be the case that we did not turn those TO's into points unlike this year.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@ArizonaViking said:
Yea I don't have the stats on turning TO's into points but we are second in the league in turnover differential at +8.
I am very surprised to learn we were +11 last year.  With all those close losses it would certainly seem to be the case that we did not turn those TO's into points unlike this year.  
Last year we were great at turning our TOs into points for the other team.

Quote: @minny65 said:
Our Defense made the adjustments in the second half and held the Bills to just 6 second half points.

I think our defensive performances is being overlooked.  Washington game showed what we could do and the adjustments made vs the Bills gave the offense a chance to compete and win.

This game ball goes to Kendricks - 7 tackles and fumble recovery TD and PPetterson for the 2 Int's.  Two of our old vets seem to be picking up on the scheme.  Kendricks is starting to play like he did in the 4-3 and just make plays.  

The two new guys that I highlighted in my original post were not the stars today - Z'Smith and Hicks.  But like I said I was hoping to se some of the vets lights to go on in the new system and it really seems to be trending that way.

How about the later round pick Evans...playing for Dantzler...another solid performance and forced fumble.

We forced 4 turnover's and shut down the mighty Bills offense for over a half of football.  
We tend to make good to great defensive adjustments in the second half.

Philly ZERO points in the second half
Arizona 3 points over their last 4 drives
Buffalo 3 points over the last 3 quarters
GB 7 in the second half

This team has to be better in the second quarter offensively.  If we can get the momentum going with 3 scoring drives in the first half, we will have a high likelihood of winning most of the games left, if not all of the home ones.

Quote: @greediron said:
I will also add Peterson to that defensive performance.  He has seemed to be reborn the last few weeks.
A good listen on the interception at the end from Peterson's podcast with Bryant McFadden

https://twitter.com/ATCoveredPod/status/...08768?s=20&t=cWDlJTLhdEyuSoRFtwkEOA