Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Packers players growing frustrated with defensive coordinator Joe Barry
It took Barry a while but his defense is finally reaching his level of competence…  Wink B)

The underachievement of the Green Bay Packers defense has led to frustration and “declining confidence” within the personnel about the scheme and playcalling of defensive coordinator Joe Barry, per reporting from Rob Demovsky of ESPN.Through eight games, the Packers defense ranks 16th in points allowed and 27th in takeaways.
Talent wouldn’t appear to be the major issue. There are seven first-round picks and numerous veterans playing on lucrative contracts, but the dominant defense first seen during training camp practices hasn’t shown up consistently during the regular season.
The Packers have given up at least 23 points in five straight games and have only two games with multiple takeaways. On Sunday in Buffalo, the Packers allowed five straight scoring drives as the Bills took commanding leads of 14-0, 24-7 and 27-10.
Barry’s group is giving up explosive plays, missing tackles and consistently struggling to stop the run.
Would a change make a difference? Secondary coach Jerry Gray is a coach on staff with playcalling experience.
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-packers-players-growing-frustrated-132251883.html

[Image: 0kcufj3a3g8k.gif]

Nice....players blaming coaching, sweet!

This season is the exact opposite for us and Packers as last year.  What a difference a year makes!!!  

Yeah, I'm sure there is a lot of private venting and bitching going on internally with the Packers....

[Image: original.jpg]

Never would've expected this. I knew they'd struggle on offense, but there is a lot of talent on the other side of the ball. 

The last two seasons of the Vikings and Packers is a virtual STUDY on how it takes more than talent to win and that culture and coaching plays a huge part. 

I hope this is another data point that says their window is shut for the Rogers era. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I hope this is another data point that says their window is shut for the Rogers era. 

Amen, I hope the door and window slam shut on them so darn hard it can be heard all the way in Minnesota.