Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Pro Bowlers
Quote: @Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Mattyman said:
The timing and actual trade for Hockenson was an absolute $$$$$ move.

it changed the arc of the Vikings 2022 season.

did it though?  I think the team is still playing pretty much the same way it was prior to his arrival.  The offense is inconsistent as hell and the defense is maddening to watch.  ISj wasnt really providing much prior to the IR,  but Mundt was getting a few a game,  now TJ is providing more of a target than ISj was,  but Mundt is pretty much forgotten ( IIRC one catch last week ? )

I like TJ and I think he will be a much bigger piece of this offense,  but I didnt see any noticeable changes since he joined the team,  largely I think because we already had so many weapons, but mostly because JJ is getting about half the passing looks and that doesnt leave much to go around over the other 4 options. 
Jefferson’s average yards per catch has increased like 5 yards since the trade…
is that due to TJ,  or is that due to the offense evolving due to familiarity? 

If TJ had put up big numbers to show that he is an integral part of this O that opposing DCs need to account for then I might see it,  but he hasnt really lit up any game since coming on board.  His highest catch total in a game is 10,  he hasnt broke 80 yards yet,  and only has 1 TD to show for his efforts thus far through 7 games,  TJ may be getting extra attention or maybe Kirk is just getting more comfortable with putting the ball in tighter windows knowing JJ will take the ass kicking to try and make a play on it,  which is leading to more deeper balls being lofted up by kirk instead of his previous MO which had been to play underneath the D until they showed a safe, take a shot deep look.

I am a big fan of TJs game,  if anything he is being grossly under utilized IMO so I am not trying to bag on his addition,  but I just am not seeing the difference that he is being credited for since he really hasnt been given the opportunity to show his value in this system.  ISj wasnt used much,  Mundt was used much, and now TJ isnt getting used like he could/should be,  they are winning for the most part so its hard to criticize,  but unless they have a whole nother game plan they are preparing for the post sesason,  this year is just window dressing IMO and the addition of TJ hasnt really done anything to change that.  6-1 without TJ,  5-2 with TJ.  

Also how much of JJs average increase is due to having games where they were getting beat and having to rely more on the down field passing.... buffalo, and detroit are 2 that come to mind where kirk forced the ball to JJ down the field regardless of him being open or not.  based on the hits that JJ has been taking TJ isnt drawing much coverage off JJ.

Damned if I know Jimmy, just saw that increase cited somewhere…  :p 
sorry,  3rd day in a week that ive been snowed in and am getting overly analytical... and drunk.