Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings offense on 1st down best in NFL
Not sure what this means....best on 2nd down too. 

https://twitter.com/PFF_Moo/status/15743...66400?s=20&t=OHOulmec7d80ileHpsVCdA

I think the Vikings are going to be still inconsistent for the next 2-4 weeks, but might settle into some better play in the near future. Yesterday, they stole one. Straight up. I worry about several things. But I do think its possible that they do legitimately improve after more indoctrination into the new systems on both sides of the ball. But ugly moments are still on the menu upcoming. 

With the Aints and the Bears.  They can still be inconsistent and compete for a win.  Both teams have poor quality QB play and average OL at best.  We have just played back to back the best two OL in the NFC

We knew this was going to take some time,  just get through the first 5 at 4-1 and all will feel good (3-0 in the division BTW)

Pat Pete played well yesterday and Hicks seemed active out there. Both of those things were nice to see. Get Harry Smith back soon hopefully and at least hypothetically, Booth and Cine should provide some reinforcements at some point too, right? Those factors plus more time in the system and I think the defense will keep improving. Pass rush I am banking on to improve based mostly on blind faith, but Danielle and Z'darius might both have some rust since neither has played much in a year and a half.
On offense I trust our playmakers to keep the ship afloat while KO gets his feet under him calling plays. I really hope Dalvin is a go this week. He looked great yesterday pre-injury. Mattison looked solid when he came in as well.
One thing I noticed yesterday that did bother me was we were gashing them for big runs in between the 20s, and then it seemed KO wanted to "air it out" all of a sudden when we got down near the endzone. Ultimately it worked out on a few drives, thanks in part to that one bozo on the Lions who had like 4 pass interference calls, but still. It was strange to me that they got away from what was working. I also thought the play-calling/Kirk did Greg Joseph a little dirty. If memory serves we had first and 10 and failed to gain 1 yard on either set of downs that led to the 55- and 56-yard FGs. You don't want to "settle" but getting even 5-6 more yards makes for a much easier kick I'd think. (I realize he missed the broad side of the barn on both kicks and wasn't close... but still!)

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/15...2712196099
Vikings just played two of the blitz-happiest teams in the NFL. One of the consequences of playing in a new offense could be knowing (in terms of muscle memory) where the hot reads are when the blitz comes, because that's where we've been hurt.

Call me crazy, but I sorta feel somewhat confident that our OL can protect standard 4 and 5 man rushes, which is saying something after the last several seasons.  

Now, this also means that teams who don't typically blitz a lot will crank it up against us...until we can make them pay for it. Hopefully that comes with time. 

worst 3rd down team as well.