Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your move next KOC
Quote: @"PurpleCrush" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
https://twitter.com/VikesCentral/status/...48002?s=20&t=GKadEia98gB4Axco4J0Tgw
And he's gone up against guys like Clark/Reed in GB, Cox/Davis in Philly, and McNeill/Brockers for Detroit. Not too shabby.

Guarded optimism for now.
Yep. Not like he's gone up against garbage. But that's the kind of the NFL now: excellent DTs. Almost every week is a challenge inside. 

unless i am remembering the iggles debacle,  I was pretty sure I saw Darrisaw get beat at least once yesterday that led to a play getting wrecked (either a hit on the QB or a run blown up, cant remember which for sure.)

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
Christian Darrisaw didn't allow a single pressure on 47 pass blocking snaps yesterday, per PFF. He was also the Vikings' best run blocker (88.4 pass block grade, 86.7 run block grade).

Incredible game from the second-year LT.
I think we have ourselves a left tackle. Hutchinson, who recorded three sacks and who knows how many pressures against the Commies, had 1 pressure and zero sacks? Gotta love that. 

Dare I say, we may actually have ourselves a competent O-Line?
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...18416?s=20&t=OHOulmec7d80ileHpsVCdA
Huge blow for the Bolts. With Herbert's rib injury, big loss at home to the Jags, season might start unraveling soon.

If so, maybe KOC's old buddy Staley will be on the market next season looking for a new job.

Through the first three weeks based on those ratings, something got Bradbury fired up.  Maybe the team not picking up his 5th year option or a new offensive line coach helped.  Hope he keeps it up because option behind him are slim to basically nothing.

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
Through the first three weeks based on those ratings, something got Bradbury fired up.  Maybe the team not picking up his 5th year option or a new offensive line coach helped.  Hope he keeps it up because option behind him are slim to basically nothing.
He’s looking at what 10m reasons a year to play better?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
unless i am remembering the iggles debacle,  I was pretty sure I saw Darrisaw get beat at least once yesterday that led to a play getting wrecked (either a hit on the QB or a run blown up, cant remember which for sure.)
I don't know how PFF grades, but I remember a pass where CD was kinda, sorta beaten around the edge just as Cousins released the ball. He did give a shove at the last second that may have prevented that qualifying as a "pressure" but I don't know what their standards are. 

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
I think he's getting more help this year. I also think just the fact that his guards are better this year is helping him too.

Another thing to keep in mind is that it just takes some players longer than others. Perennial All Pro Andrew Whitworth didn't start playing well until his 5th or 6th season. Didn't make his first Pro Bowl until his 7th season. Also, I remember Korey Stringer was probably more liability than asset until his 5th season. He was good his 5th season, made the Pro Bowl his 6th, before his tragic death in his 7th. Now, neither of those players were quite the liability Bradbury was his first three seasons, but this is his 4th season, so maybe there's still hope for young Garrett. Cautious, guarded hope. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Greylock" said:
I think he's getting more help this year. I also think just the fact that his guards are better this year is helping him too.

Another thing to keep in mind is that it just takes some players longer than others. Perennial All Pro Andrew Whitworth didn't start playing well until his 5th or 6th season. Didn't make his first Pro Bowl until his 7th season. Also, I remember Korey Stringer was probably more liability than asset until his 5th season. He was good his 5th season, made the Pro Bowl his 6th, before his tragic death in his 7th. Now, neither of those players were quite the liability Bradbury was his first three seasons, but this is his 4th season, so maybe there's still hope for young Garrett. Cautious, guarded hope. 
Well guarded hope.  If you get the pun.

Dayum, that is just a shame about Slater Sad

I sure hope we found ourselves a competent LT in Darrisaw - and competent OL as a whole 

Its just taken way too long...