Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skol chant and Gjallarhorn
Its really the coolest when you are in the stadium, really glad its caught on so strongly. Love it.

https://twitter.com/unrlco/status/1570225154952757249

I know Sean Payton enjoyed it during a play-off game...

I remember when it started.....about 1/3 of the stadium was into it.....then half.....now its the whole damn crowd. It literally gives you goose bumps.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I remember when it started.....about 1/3 of the stadium was into it.....then half.....now its the whole damn crowd. It literally gives you goose bumps.
Yeah.  That is one thing I would travel to experience first hand.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Yeah.  That is one thing I would travel to experience first hand.
It really is pretty amazing to experience live.

I've been to U.S. Bank 4 times....every time I see opposing fans in awe when the stadium does the skol chant and the horn goes off. Its off the hook good. 

Seems to be the consensus best pre-game hype tradition in the NFL. 

But I've always been curious how that big horn works. I mean that terrifying blast of bass is obviously not produced by the breath of the person blowing into it. But blow into it they always do...

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Seems to be the consensus best pre-game hype tradition in the NFL. 

But I've always been curious how that big horn works. I mean that terrifying blast of bass is obviously not produced by the breath of the person blowing into it. But blow into it they always do...
Yeah, that's just some window dressing. Its all electric. The blowing is theatrics. But the sound is very cool. Get's a fan pumped up!

It is one of the better, if not best stadium hype out there in this era of NFL. 

What I like best is how well it ties into the brand persona and the local population too. It's pretty damn Nordic last I looked - German too.  

I give the org credit for pretty much nailing it.