Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gotta watch the GB Opener in Munich
Where are you going to watch the season opener?

Unfortunately I have a major industry trade show in Germany (it's hops & beer related, so I'm not too sad).
We have a full day on Sunday the 12th at the German Hop Museum, a private tour of the Hop Institute, a visit at the most amazing custom hop equipment fabricator/mfr (he is so cool, he has a Harley that is all decked out in John Deere colors and logos...he's a JD dealer, too), and then being hosted at an authentic Bavarian restaurant for dinner before heading back to Munich and the hotel to watch the game.
One of my staff is from Minnesota too (he's originally from Fairmont in the South).
Might have a couple beers watching the game online.  It could happen.
[Image: pxw8iwu4a1ym.jpeg]

Curious to hear where y'all are gonna watch the game.

Good gig, Montana! I'd rather be in München but I'll settle for having a few Paulaners at home.

I don’t drink but I wish you joy in the German beer tasting!  I’ll be home—coffee and cookies at the ready.  BTW—where is GermanVike? Haven’t heard from him in a while.

I'm alive and kicking  B)

I'll be watching the opener at home. Since it'll be a late afternoon game in the US it won't end before around 1:30 am on Monday over here...and I'll have to get up at 6 in the morning  :p

Quote: @"GermanVike" said:
I'm alive and kicking  B)

I'll be watching the opener at home. Since it'll be a late afternoon game in the US it won't end before around 1:30 am on Monday over here...and I'll have to get up at 6 in the morning  :p
Great to hear from you. Hope all is well!

I'll be at the beach in the late morning, back home to the pool just before 1 pm kickoff with the TV outside. Head indoors around 4 pm to watch the Viking's game inside, I'll be ready for some AC by then.  :p

I'll be watching in my Vikings/South Dakota State outdoor man cave with several friends. I'll spoke wings on my traeger and friends bring a dish to pass. My cave has a roll up door with a bar that seats 4 people. Then I have a half of an electric wire spool made into a bar height table that people can eat, drink and watch games on behind bar seat. I have a 42 inch TV that will have vikes on, and a 32 inch TV that will have the red zone channel on. We can ususally watch outside until Thanksgiving, then I move the TV's and spool bar into my heated shop for the rest of the season.

Hey MT - I've watched NFL games before at Ned Kelly's Bar down in the main Marienplatz area of Munich which is likely where you'll be.  I checked their NFL schedule and they'll have the game on and take reservations.  It's a late game so it would make for a late night but they do stay open until the game is done.

https://nedkellysbar.de/sports-2/

It doesn't matter for this weekend as we have the late game but the new pastor moved church up an hour.  No more speeding home to make the noon start time.  I used to miss most kickoffs.  No longer!!!