Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And so it begins.....
https://www.vikings.com/news/rookies-vet...ining-camp

Camp is here and I'm ready for it. Fingers crossed we can have some fun as fans, see some good wins and make the playoffs. 

ESPN.com:

Minnesota VikingsCamp prediction: Rookie cornerback Andrew Booth Jr. will emerge as a starter. The Vikings have been raving about Booth since trading up to draft him in the second round, and he joins a position group that is ripe for newcomers. Strictly from a skill and playmaking perspective, Booth was among the best cornerbacks in the draft. His injury history pushed him into the second round, but he believes that surgery to repair a hernia in March has put him on the road to permanent recovery. If that's the case, and he goes through training camp healthy, he'll prove good enough to start opposite Patrick Peterson -- or at the very least in the nickel package that the Vikings will use frequently.
Strengths
  • Five-star background with five-star measurables.
  • Feet are very agile and twitchy.
  • Slides and slows release from press.
  • Strength to maintain extended jab through release.
  • Backpedal is smooth and fast.
  • Consistently competitive and urgent in his coverage.
  • Better playmaking talent than ball production would indicate.
  • Awareness to read and overlap from zone.
  • Burst and length helps him close out a catch point.
  • Ball judgment and tracking is top-notch.
  • Maintains positioning and contorts to challenge throws.
  • A downhill striker.

Everyone keeps saying Booth could start opposite Patrick Peterson. I think by mid year Booth is starting, but opposite Dantzler, not Peterson. I love Peterson's experience and leadership. We're lucky to have him. Just not sure he's among our top 2, or even top 3 corners by end of season. 

My camp prediction: Harrison Phillips will emerge as the MVP among our '22 additions.