Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Training camp

Rookies report on July 24th, not long now. Absolutely love my NFL Sunday routine and look forward to it every year, especially since we moved to south Florida 8 years ago. 

[Image: lets-do-this-meme-idlememe-4.jpg]

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Rookies report on July 24th, not long now. Absolutely love my NFL Sunday routine and look forward to it every year, especially since we moved to south Florida 8 years ago. 

[Image: lets-do-this-meme-idlememe-4.jpg]
I love South Florida. But I think I would miss the cool, bright and sunny Sunday mornings of early Fall. That's especially true when kickoff is at 11 am as it is in Colorado. 

But yeah, hockey's over, basketball's over, baseball is in its meaningless dog days of mid summer. Now begins the month-long wait for training camp. Maybe the most anticipated camp in a decade. Can't come soon enough. 

The summer is not long enough so I am really starting to enjoy the lull between sports. For this avid sports fan, I am spending time with my hobbies and down time. I feel like there is a new energy with the new regime.

One thing I have missed in recent years are the amateur reports of fans attending training camp -- those little kernels of information by casual fans detailing how some of lesser known players are doing.  I just found those fun but they seem to have gone missing the past couple of years.  I can even remember a few years back donating money to some kid just so he could spend more time at camp writing updates.

I dont have any routines anymore - just a puppy...

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
One thing I have missed in recent years are the amateur reports of fans attending training camp -- those little kernels of information by casual fans detailing how some of lesser known players are doing.  I just found those fun but they seem to have gone missing the past couple of years.  I can even remember a few years back donating money to some kid just so he could spend more time at camp writing updates.
Bumonalaptop did them. They were great. I also remember kicking in. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

lol, I feel your pain man! Never again! 

@"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

lol, I feel your pain man! Never again! 

I have a full time job I'd like to turn into a hobby...

Okay, someone on this board must have a son or daughter on summer vacation and they can send him/her to training camp to take notes for this board.   =)