Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Cawthorn
Quote: @badgervike said:
@StickyBun said:
An obvious lying piece of shit, yet still barely lost. Its mind blowing,

https://www.yahoo.com/news/madison-cawth...41242.html
He lost..and not to a great candidate.  A lot of people in his party are happy about it.  "Lying piece of shit"....he's in politics...isn't that redundant?   I have little use for the young firebrands on both sides of the aisle that play fast and loose with the truth and only foster hate.  Frankly...AOC and the "Squad" (including Minnesota's very own Ilhan Omar) fall in that category.  They keep getting reelected.  I haven't lived in Minny for nearly 40 years so I guess it's possible that Minnesota nice has been replaced by anti-semitism and nonsensical views reflective of your Representative...but I kind of doubt it.  Not sure how she keeps getting reelected.
I'm not sure how Omar would do outside of her own district tbh...

I have a feeling how some of us in MN feel about her politics is akin to what many in Jawga (I picked that up from Savvie!) feel about MTG.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@badgervike said:
@StickyBun said:

He lost..and not to a great candidate.  A lot of people in his party are happy about it.  "Lying piece of shit"....he's in politics...isn't that redundant?   I have little use for the young firebrands on both sides of the aisle that play fast and loose with the truth and only foster hate.  Frankly...AOC and the "Squad" (including Minnesota's very own Ilhan Omar) fall in that category.  They keep getting reelected.  I haven't lived in Minny for nearly 40 years so I guess it's possible that Minnesota nice has been replaced by anti-semitism and nonsensical views reflective of your Representative...but I kind of doubt it.  Not sure how she keeps getting reelected.

I have a feeling how some of us in MN feel about her politics is akin to what many in Jawga (I picked that up from Savvie!) feel about MTG.

@badgervike said:
@StickyBun said:

MTG won her primary by a landslide with 70% of the vote.  I think the next closest was at 12%

@badgervike said:
@StickyBun said:

Most of the Republicans endorsed Cawthorn's opponent including NC's Senators and House Leader McCarthy as well as leaders of NC Senate and Assembly.  Minnesota DFL has already backed Omar as have Democratic establishment in her primary fightover what seems like a good opponent in Don Samuels.  So...I guess the Statewide and National Democrats actually do embrace her views unlike the GOP and Cawthorn.  

Quote: @badgervike said:
@purplefaithful said:
@badgervike said:
@StickyBun said:

Most of the Republicans endorsed Cawthorn's opponent including NC's Senators and House Leader McCarthy as well as leaders of NC Senate and Assembly.  Minnesota DFL has already backed Omar as have Democratic establishment in her primary fightover what seems like a good opponent in Don Samuels.  So...I guess the Statewide and National Democrats actually do embrace her views unlike the GOP and Cawthorn.  

Omar would get few votes outside of her district - she is a polarizing figure to say the least.