Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some stuff in OTA season
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@MaroonBells said:
Interesting comment about Watson. Did I read that right? That the KOC and KAM embraced after the Packers took Watson? My biggest fear was that they'd take Pickens, who went later in the 2nd round. So I'm curious what receiver they were afraid the Packers would take. 
Can't recall where I read it, but there were some concerns out of Packers camp already of Watson dropping passes. Granted, it's only few spring practices but geez I'd love to see that happen to them during the season. 
That's great news! And I just Googled it. Three beautiful headlines:

That was his reputation going into the draft, too, so it's not just rookie jitters. Hopefully another Troy Williamson. Dropsies typically don't just go away.
Too early to throw dirt. They said the same thing about Ja'Marr Chase early. Had the dropsies. They went away. 

Chase had camp issues. He didnt have the dropsies playing in the SEC against the Georgia's and Alabama's.  Watson was notorious for drops playing the likes of the Leathernecks and Sycamores. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
KOC wants more girth and size on the O-line.....seems like a theme passed over from Z and crew. Yet we still have that large FB at center in Bradbury. 
I saw an interview with a couple of insiders, one of whom stated that the team has no plans at center but Bradbury, that he's the starter and there is no open competition. 

It sounds as if the team is confident they can fix his issues. Obviously not so confident you give him pots of money in his 5th year, but enough to not look for a replacement. 

This one decision will either look genius or be seen as the first big fuckup of the new regime
Drafting that (still unsigned) OG Ingram in the second round has potential to earn this distinction too.

NDSU has an offense that pounds the crap out defenses running the ball.  Watson was a stud WR there because he was the fasted guy on the field and usually would be wide open on passing plays.  He's also great on jet sweeps and as a KR guy. 

I think Watson has a shot at being very good, but I just wouldn't trust drafting any WR or QB from a running team like NDSU before the 4th round; yes, I'm including Wentz and Lance.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
KOC wants more girth and size on the O-line.....seems like a theme passed over from Z and crew. Yet we still have that large FB at center in Bradbury. 
I saw an interview with a couple of insiders, one of whom stated that the team has no plans at center but Bradbury, that he's the starter and there is no open competition. 

It sounds as if the team is confident they can fix his issues. Obviously not so confident you give him pots of money in his 5th year, but enough to not look for a replacement. 

This one decision will either look genius or be seen as the first big fuckup of the new regime
Drafting that (still unsigned) OG Ingram in the second round has potential to earn this distinction too.
Honestly, they all do. We'll just have to wait and see what kind of impact Phillips, Hicks, Z, Cine and Booth have vs. Jameson Williams and Christian Watson.

But I'm probably higher on Ingram than most. He was very good at the Senior Bowl. If they can teach him how to run block, he might already be the best pass blocking IOL on the team. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Honestly, they all do. We'll just have to wait and see what kind of impact Phillips, Hicks, Z, Cine and Booth have vs. Jameson Williams and Christian Watson.

But I'm probably higher on Ingram than most. He was very good at the Senior Bowl. If they can teach him how to run block, he might already be the best pass blocking IOL on the team. 
A low bar for sure.