Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's a name I forgot about...
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Like I said, hope springs eternal for NFL fans:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/05/27/new-yo...econd-year
Well my goodness, if Wilson isn't better in his 2nd season, the Jets franchise has huge problems. This year should tell us a lot about the futures of Wilson, Lance and Fields, but I'm not so sure it will. Unless the 49ers trade Jimmy G, Lance probably wont see the field. And the other two are on teams so bad it will be hard to gauge what they're capable of. 

Steve McNair sat what, his first 2 seasons before starting, correct? Aaron Rodgers for 3, I believe. It can be done. I just wonder if a guy like Trey Lance is going to benefit from sitting like this. His college career is SO limited, he didn't start many games. McNair played at Alcorn State, but he threw a TON of passes, setting all kind of records. A Heisman trophy finalist. Rodgers had two excellent seasons at California. Trey Lance hasn't played any significant football since the 2019 season. He's thrown for just 2900+ yards, all of that basically in one year at North Dakota State. The sample size is ridiculously small at a nothing university. Rumors are Lance has a ton to learn....which, although only rumors, how could it not be correct? But the kid needs reps and he's not getting them. 

I'll be 100% shocked if Lance turns into anything even decent in the NFL. 
I think Lance has the highest upside of any of the QBs drafted last year. But he's got to climb Mt. Everest before anyone can begin to see glimpses of that, which may never happen. 

But at least Lance has a team around him. I feel bad for Fields, who is in a horrible, horrible situation. For a team that is supposed to be "rebuilding" they have shockingly few young talented players to build around. Raquon and Jaylon are good, but it's mostly a depth chart filled out with castoffs. Players like Tajae Sharpe and Dakota Dozier. Mooney is solid, but their other two starters at WR are Eq St. Brown and Bryon Pringle, who was just arrested last month. There may not be a worse depth chart in football. 

Now...watch them beat us....

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Well my goodness, if Wilson isn't better in his 2nd season, the Jets franchise has huge problems. This year should tell us a lot about the futures of Wilson, Lance and Fields, but I'm not so sure it will. Unless the 49ers trade Jimmy G, Lance probably wont see the field. And the other two are on teams so bad it will be hard to gauge what they're capable of. 

Steve McNair sat what, his first 2 seasons before starting, correct? Aaron Rodgers for 3, I believe. It can be done. I just wonder if a guy like Trey Lance is going to benefit from sitting like this. His college career is SO limited, he didn't start many games. McNair played at Alcorn State, but he threw a TON of passes, setting all kind of records. A Heisman trophy finalist. Rodgers had two excellent seasons at California. Trey Lance hasn't played any significant football since the 2019 season. He's thrown for just 2900+ yards, all of that basically in one year at North Dakota State. The sample size is ridiculously small at a nothing university. Rumors are Lance has a ton to learn....which, although only rumors, how could it not be correct? But the kid needs reps and he's not getting them. 

I think Lance has the highest upside of any of the QBs drafted last year. But he's got to climb Mt. Everest before anyone can begin to see glimpses of that, which may never happen. 

But at least Lance has a team around him. I feel bad for Fields, who is in a horrible, horrible situation. For a team that is supposed to be "rebuilding" they have shockingly few young talented players to build around. Raquon and Jaylon are good, but it's mostly a depth chart filled out with castoffs. Players like Tajae Sharpe and Dakota Dozier. Mooney is solid, but their other two starters at WR are Eq St. Brown and Bryon Pringle, who was just arrested last month. There may not be a worse depth chart in football. 

Yep. This is when I'll believe a new regime will bring real change: when the Vikings stop losing games like they've historically done. Losing to backups, losing to 2nd year players that are still learning with a subpar roster, etc. Nobody shits the bed more consistently in games they should win than the Minnesota Vikings. Fingers crossed that can be done away with with the new staff.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Yep. This is when I'll believe a new regime will bring real change: when the Vikings stop losing games like they've historically done. Losing to backups, losing to 2nd year players that are still learning with a subpar roster, etc. Nobody shits the bed more consistently in games they should win than the Minnesota Vikings. Fingers crossed that can be done away with with the new staff.

I have no idea what Chicago is doing to give Fields the best possible chance? And I think Lance is going to start this year, too much upside and draft capital to sit.

Division games will always be tough...I can remember even back to Grant & Burns era's (with great teams) those divisional road games were always a crap-shoot. 

But I get and agree with the broader point; On Brand for the Vikings for too long has been mediocrity and being the bit player in other teams glory seasons. 

Zimmer was let go 2 - 3 years too late. 

Bisi reminds me of Cris Carter in that he runs excellent smooth routes and has great hands, I think he has can be a very steady 3/4 WR on this team if he can stay healthy.